🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is insisting on hiring me. I don't wan...
Page options
farissbrohii
Community Member

Client is insisting on hiring me. I don't want to work for him. How can I say no?

So there's a client who wants to hire me for the job but he is not agreeing on the fees I'm asking. He is continuously negotiating with me but the truth is I don't want to work for him as I believe he is very picky and will make many revisions and the fees isn't worth it. How to say no?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Just say "I am sorry, I won't be available to work on this project with you, I hope you'll find a suitable freelancer soon" and then block him if he is still hassling you. 

Blocking should be a last resort.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So there's a client who wants to hire me for the job but he is not agreeing on the fees I'm asking. He is continuously negotiating with me but the truth is I don't want to work for him as I believe he is very picky and will make many revisions and the fees isn't worth it. How to say no?"

Don't say no.

Faris: If this client was a normal person, you could communicate with him in a reasonable, professional way. But this client is behaving irrationally. You already know that working for this client would be a disaster for you. (Actually, you're only half right. It would be much worse than that.)

You don't owe this client anything. Not even further explanation. Nothing you do or say is going to penetrate his consciousness or make a difference. You need to ask yourself: How will YOU benefit from talking with this disrespectful prospective client any further?

You will NOT benefit from explaining your rates for the umpteenth time. Neither will the client. He is only wasting your time.

In the Upwork Messages tool, click on the client's name or profile picture.

This displays a contextual dropdown menu.

The bottom option says "Block [Client Name]"

Click on that.

Now you're done.

petra_r
Community Member

Just say "I am sorry, I won't be available to work on this project with you, I hope you'll find a suitable freelancer soon" and then block him if he is still hassling you. 

Blocking should be a last resort.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members