cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is new to upwork. Offered work to multiple freelancers.

art_is_jul
Julia D Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
1 of 34

Hello, client is new to upwork. Made me job offer(hour work). After I showed him options of my work from portfolio got this:

"I appreciate your work on this but I got some drafts from the other freelancers so I think I’ll stop with you for now."

What can i do?

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
2 of 34

Nothing.  They didn't like your work and/or price.

art_is_jul
3 of 34

What work? 0 hours worked?

charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
4 of 34

Were you actually given an offer and hired, or was this as part of discussion pre-contract?

Sounds like you never had a job.

art_is_jul
5 of 34

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 34

Hi Julia,

If the client sent you an offer and you accepted it, once you start working on the project, you will need to run your Upwork time tracker app so that the hours you worked are logged in your work diary. Please check this help article for more information about hourly protection for freelancers

~ Joanne
Upwork
art_is_jul
7 of 34

Hello Joanne! My main work is to draw, should i run app while i draw? Or app should be run while project discussion? I didn`t even start project. I was surprised that someone else works on same project too!

Client didn`t follow upwork rules. If you make offer you should work with whom you`ve made offer. If you don`t like the result you can stop project and give a negative feedback. The main point that hourly work didn`t even start and i have no opportutity to start it because someone else works on this job.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 34

re: "Client didn`t follow upwork rules."

I am sorry that you are disappointed.

The client did not violate any Upwork rules.

The client was interested in considering you, but when she saw your portfolio and rates she decided you were not right for the project.

That happens to artists and it happens to all Upwork freelancers.

You were considered for a job, but you were not hired.

You were paid for all of the time you logged on this project.

Nothing bad happened to you. Your JSS is unaffected. You did not work for free. Don't take this personally.

I have hired dozens of artists. Sometimes I look at an artist's portfolio and I am just amazed by her creativity and skill and professionalism, but still can't hire her because her style is not right for a particular project.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 34

re: "I was surprised that someone else works on same project too!"

I have hired multiple freelancers for the same job many times. Sometimes as many as ten freelancers.

Sometimes I tell them this. Usually I do not.

There is nothing wrong with that.

art_is_jul
10 of 34

Preston, **Edited for community guidelines**

Can you read correct. I was hired, parralel he decided another freelancer for this job.

0 hours for me as a freelancer worked. I have no point to start working my upwork hours because he decided to work another freelancer. He didn`t close job(because he`s newbie). He didn`t answer PM. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS