🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not giving 2nd milestone payment.
Page options
543f0299
Community Member

Client is not giving 2nd milestone payment.

I pitched my first project in September 2020, the client is very very slow in communication and doest respond at all, his response time is not less than 1 week. It been more than month I am trying to get my 2nd milestone payment. He just responded that he is in bedrest. Several times i called, texted about his heath also. He is online alwys but doesnt reply. May be he is genuinely unwell and slow to techinal stuffs but its 4 months now. 

8 REPLIES 8
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Anubhavi, 4 MONTHS!! why are you doing this to yourself?! Just click the "Submit work for payment" button from the contract room, after 14 days, if the client didn't respond, ask for modifications, or release the milestone funds by himself, the funds would automatically be release for you after the 14-days are over.

I hope this helps, best wishes.

Youssef

Its not funded in escrow. Even for 1 minute change or approval it ussualy takes 7/10 working days. 
This time he is noyt responding at all, - Once  he texted, cant talk in hospital.

I waited for a week, then again he texted he is in bedrest. But he is always online.

the designs are approved. only payment is left.

What should i do ?

petra_r
Community Member

Anubhavi J wrote:

Its not funded in escrow.

the designs are approved. only payment is left.

What should i do ?

There is nothing you can do. In future, don't work on unfunded milestones.

Youssef B wrote:

I assumed that there is money in the escrow, that's why she worked on it.

Money can't stay in escrow beyond 90 days.

petra_r
Community Member

Anubhavi J wrote:

I pitched my first project in September 2020, the client is very very slow in communication and doest respond at all, his response time is not less than 1 week. It been more than month I am trying to get my 2nd milestone payment.

...... but its 4 months now. 

If the milestone had been funded and you had properly submitted it, you'd have been paid in September.

If there is no funded milestone, there is nothing anyone can do.

Youssef B wrote:

Just click the "Submit work for payment" button 

Obviously she can't do that because there is no money in escrow

Petra R wrote:
Obviously she can't do that because there is no money in escrow

If there were no money in the escrow, then you are absolutely right, there is nothing anyone can do. However, there are many freelancers who submit the work via chat without using that "Submit work for payment" Button. She didn't say anything about that the milestone wasn't funded, and obviously she finished the milestone's work, that's why I assumed that there is money in the escrow, that's why she worked on it.

543f0299
Community Member

What Should i do now, it was my first project , so i was not aware that I have to submit on upwork contact. 

I texted him via chats . 

Is there any solution. 

543f0299
Community Member

Is there anything I can do now ?

Now he is not obligated to pay you. I mean nothing can force him to pay you if he has bad intentions (Not to pay you). Just hope that he is not a scammer and will pay you once he gets well.

I believe the best thing to do now is to learn from this experience, move on, and never do any work unless there is money in the escrow.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members