🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not happy but wants to pay for the ...
Page options
abhishek-bothra
Community Member

Client is not happy but wants to pay for the work we've done

Hi there, 

One of my Client wants to pay for the work but he isn't happy with the Job. I know if I cancel the contract or refund then it will impact negatively. 

I want to know what if I keep the contract open for longer tenure then will it impact my JSS? And what will happen if I close the contract after few years? Is that right right option in few cases?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Abhishek B wrote:

. I know if I cancel the contract or refund then it will impact negatively. 

You know wrong. This is no longer the case. It would only affect you if the client left poor private feedback.

Just close the contract yourself, with or without payment, so there is a chance of the client not leaving feedback. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Abhishek,

Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. Keeping an inactive contract open for a long duration may not reduce the JSS impact on the contract. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please see the following link for more info about what affects your score.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Abhishek B wrote:

. I know if I cancel the contract or refund then it will impact negatively. 

You know wrong. This is no longer the case. It would only affect you if the client left poor private feedback.

Just close the contract yourself, with or without payment, so there is a chance of the client not leaving feedback. 

iacob_irina
Community Member

Hi.

Is there no way to try and fix whatever the client is not happy with?

I usually tried to fix the project until the client is happy. Yes, I lose time/money but on a platform such as this one, good feedback can bring more clients/money in the future.

I remember once I had to fix the project like 3 times. That was frustrating. But it was due to a misunderstanding on my part - I just couldn't figure out what the client wanted/what was I doing wrong. XD I think the third time was a charm.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members