Client is not paying but he escrowed

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Power Member
6 Posts

Client is not paying but he escrowed

I worked with a  client you can check on my profile. I submitted his work within two days. Deadline was 5 days. 5th day passed yesterday. I asked him what is he waiting for now? He said he also give same work to other freelancer and waiting for him to submit but he didn't submit yet. How to get pay from him? That was my first job with him.

Community Guru
12,206 Posts

Re: Client is not paying but he escrowed

Did you use the "submit work and request payment" function on the contract?

if yes, you get paid 14 days later...

Power Member
6 Posts

Yes, i used. will i get pay after 14 days automatically?

Community Guru
12,206 Posts

Fahad H wrote:

Yes, i used. will i get pay after 14 days automatically?

You get paid the sum in Escrow after 14 days if the client does not request changes. do NOT click on it again as that resets the clock and the 14 days start again.... 

Power Member
6 Posts

this system is not good. one should have to pay after getting work. upwork should take care of his workers.

Community Guru
244 Posts

Fahad H wrote:

this system is not good. one should have to pay after getting work. upwork should take care of his workers.

You are not UpWork's worker. You are your own worker.

Power Member
6 Posts

if client change request, then will i have to work for same price or i will charge further for that extra work?

Community Guru
13,362 Posts

re: "this system is not good. one should have to pay after getting work."

The system is quite good.

If the client disappears, you get paid AUTOMATICALLY. This is a very good thing.

On many other systems, you simply don't get paid.

Try doing work without a platform at all, sending a bill or invoice to the cient in another country, and then the client never replies. What are you going to do then?

Community Guru
13,362 Posts

re: "if client change request, then will i have to work for same price or i will charge further for that extra work?"

This is a legitimate question.

Handling change request from clients is something that takes skill and practice. You might mess this up the first few times. You need to really think about this.

Basic answer:

If the client requests a change because YOU MESSED UP or because YOU forgot to do something... just go ahead and make the change.

If the client requests a small change that will take a few minutes, go ahead and make it.

But if the client asks for ANYTHING that is not SPECIFICALLY indicated in the original agreement, tell the client that you will be happy to make that change, but that Upwork rules don't allow you to do work that it is out of scope of the original agreement. Tell the client that you can do that change or new work after he releases payment.

Then, after he releases the money, allow the client to set up a new funded contract or new funded milestone which specifies the new work to be done.

Community Guru
4,955 Posts

Fahad H wrote:

This system is excellent. It ensures that once you have submitted the work, you get paid even if the client ignores you, leaves his company, or gets hit by a bus.