🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is not paying the price promised i...
Page options
mahmud_sup
Community Member

Client is not paying the price promised in the contract

Hellp there!
I've a client with whom I have been working from the beginning of my upwork carrier. He always delayed in paying the amount but eventually paid so far. Few months back he told me join slack as it would be easier for him to follow the work. 3 months ago he gave me a task for 14000 products. Per 400 product he pays me a certain amount. After completing the work, my work was verified and confirmed. For the last two months he is saying, he is very busy but he will pay me.

Suddenly I was removed from slack and he is not responding to my messages. He did not end my contract and not paying either. What should I do?
It took a lot of time and effort and as I am new I can not disagree that I worked hard for a goos feedback from him.
I want him to be good and get my payment. Let me know if anything possible.

Thanks.
Mahmud Hossain.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "The client has returned. He has given the amount in milestone. He did not approve. How long would it take to get the payment."

If the client FUNDED a milestone payment for work that you already did and provided to him, then of course you should immediately click the "Submit Work for Payment" button.

Send the files again when you click the Submit button.

Then DO NOT click the Submit button again. Clicking the Submit again restarts the countdown clock.

Wait to get paid. If the client does NOTHING, then Upwork will release the escrow money to you automatically after 14 days.

Do NOT work on an unfunded milestone.

If the client wants you to move onto the next step, then the client needs to manually release the payment to you for the previous step, and then fund a milestone payment for the NEXT step.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
abegail_unay
Community Member

I'm assuming this is a fixed price contract and not hourly. If so, if the milestone is prefunded or if there is an amount in escrow, then you will still get paid but may take longer. You can check more information here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063748-Fixed-Price-Protection

I can see 3 milestones had been added but not paid. So will I get the 3 milestones only? 3 milestone is for 1200 products. I was promised to get payment for 14000 products. I think patience is a virtue. Can I add milestone? Will it be good for my client?

Hi Md AI,

I would like to clarify that when you're working with multiple milestones, the active one will need to be released in order for the client to be able to activate the next milestone.
Freelancers can't add milestones, only your client can create and add funds on your milestones. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Do not work for an unfunded milestone. 
Do not begin work on the next milestone until the previous one has been paid. 

If you didn't follow these rules, you may not receive any money. 

mahmud_sup
Community Member

What to say if the client says he is so busy that he can't even reply to the texts & he will add milestones later?

I guess trusting is not bad & in the end, the boss is always right. Fingers crossed, let's see what happens. Thanks for your response. If there is anything that can be done to avoid such issues from happening would be best. I request Upwork superiors to figure out a way for this. Thanks again.

Hello there!
The client has returned. He has given the amount in milestone. He did not approve. How long would it take to get the payment. It will be great help. Thanks.

re: "The client has returned. He has given the amount in milestone. He did not approve. How long would it take to get the payment."

If the client FUNDED a milestone payment for work that you already did and provided to him, then of course you should immediately click the "Submit Work for Payment" button.

Send the files again when you click the Submit button.

Then DO NOT click the Submit button again. Clicking the Submit again restarts the countdown clock.

Wait to get paid. If the client does NOTHING, then Upwork will release the escrow money to you automatically after 14 days.

Do NOT work on an unfunded milestone.

If the client wants you to move onto the next step, then the client needs to manually release the payment to you for the previous step, and then fund a milestone payment for the NEXT step.

Thank you so much!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths