🐈 Community
mobihunterz

Client is not paying when product failed at Investors

Hello,

I have taken flat rate work for $300 from UpWork and we have contacted each other via UpWork chat only. Now initially I have delivered some work based on client requirements. I have delivered updated builds with mentioned changes and other features as well.

Now after 1 month, client comes with few new requirements and when I asked for budget, he offered me only $60 which is too low for the tasks. Now he tries to add other changes as well which are not expected to be part of fix work. I also mentioned that if he wants the work in fixed budget, I will spend only certain hours, like, 20-30 hours only for the work. But he did not like this and argued that he wants these new features as MVP and can't show to investors without these features which is a blocker for me. I need to stop the work and ask him for the finishing. But he said he did not have any money.

I am not his partner who fails and don't receive payments. Could I expect any solution from UpWork?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r

@Mobi H wrote:

I have taken flat rate work for $300 from UpWork and we have contacted each other via UpWork chat only. Now initially I have delivered some work based on client requirements. I have delivered updated builds with mentioned changes and other features as well.

Two questions, Mobi:

1) Has the client hired you on Upwork, with a contract showing on your My Jobs page?

2) Is that contract fully funded (if fixed rate) or did you use the tracker (if hourly?)

3) Is the client's payment method verified?

I think the initial job might have been fixed price.

Learning Paths