🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not releasing funds.
Page options
m_maki_madni
Community Member

Client is not releasing funds.

Hello All,

I am facing some issue with celint, I did all work and I also admire it's took me one day extra but her work was too much, honestly I spend my 16 hours countineous to complete her work in first day but I did complete her work on next day, but I completed her all work and she was also agree that her work is done, and also I shared files on Upwork.

There were 2 milstones, one was active which was for $20 and rest $40's mistone was not active, total buget was $60 and she told me if I do complete work on time she will reward me with bonuse, now she is saying that she will not pay all payment becasue work was late, in this sutiation of COVID-19 $60 means me a lot, I request to Upwork team please guide me in this suitation, and give me good solution, Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. The best thing would be for you and your client to discuss this and resolve the issue amicably. That said, if a client fails to release a milestone payment despite the delivery of work, Upwork allows the freelancer to Dispute Non-Release of a Milestone Payment. Learn more here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

OK, Thank you for your responce, I wrote her but she is not responding, she is new to Upwork and I was first freelancer she hired, I am afraid that she will create new ID on Upwork even she had no history. I am waiting for her responce, once I requested for payment she refused it and told me to get low price then budget. 

tlsanders
Community Member

Never start working on a milestone before it's been funded unless you either have a long-standing relationship with a client you trust or you are okay with the possibility of not getting paid. Whatever is unfunded is out of reach unless the client just decides he/she feels like paying. 

Tiffany is right.

After you get the money in escrow, this is over.

Don't try to get more money from this client.

For next time, you now know that you shouldn't work on unfunded milestones. And you now know that bonus payments are done on the honor system only. Upwork doesn't enforce bonus payments or unfunded milestones.

I din not asked for bonus, I am just asking for money which was decided as a budget

Muhammad M wrote:

I din not asked for bonus, I am just asking for money which was decided as a budget

The budget is completely irrelevant. Only what was funded in escrow matters.

At best, you get what was funded in escrow.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members