🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not releasing my payment
Page options
hussain_memon7
Community Member

Client is not releasing my payment

Hello Everyone.

I need your help. 

My problem is, On Monday 15th July I got a new Job of Logo Design which I have made and submitted my work to the client. And yesterday I have sent message to the client that did you get your files he said to me that he is facing some error in the website for which the logo I made for him, that's why he does not accept my payment yet and today he replies the same that he is facing theme error in his website.  He hires me for logo design and I have designed his logo. Website problem is not my concern so why he is not accepting. 

So Please tell me what can I do? 

12 REPLIES 12
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Is this an hourly contract for which you used TimeTracker to log your time worked on the logo?

Or is this a fixed price contract for which you and the client agreed to one or more milestones and the client fully funded the milestone and you submitted your work via the green "Submit" button on the project page?

Hi Will,

It's a fixed price contract.

No, It's only a logo design job 

Yes, I have submitted my work via the Green Submit button.

Hussain S wrote:

It's a fixed price contract.Yes, I have submitted my work via the Green Submit button.

Then the client has 14 days (!!) to review your work and then the funds are released automatically. Please stop harassing the client. 

Why is it necessary to use words like 'harassing'? Nothing the OP has written suggests to me that he is intentionally harassing the client. It was an innocent question by someone who maybe was not aware that the funds would be released after 14 days. Also, it's still not on for the client to not even ignore but refuse requests to release the payment when the work has been completed satisfactorily. It doesn't matter ultimately, but the client isn't a perfectly innocent party here. Your tone doesn't seem particularly suitable, I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Amber A wrote:

our tone doesn't seem particularly suitable, I don't know, maybe it's just me.

yep, it's you

Amber A wrote:

Why is it necessary to use words like 'harassing'?

chasing payment two days in a row starting the day after doing the work = harassment.

Amber A wrote:

Nothing the OP has written suggests to me that he is intentionally harassing the client.

It does not have to be "intentional" to be harassment.

Amber A wrote:

Also, it's still not on for the client to not even ignore but refuse requests to release the payment when the work has been completed satisfactorily.

Of course it is. Upwork gives the client 14 days.

Amber A wrote:

but the client isn't a perfectly innocent party here.

The client has 14 days to review the work. None of us LIKE it when the client does not release the payment sooner, but they have every right under the ToS to do so.

I agree with you, Amber— and it’s not just you. A lot of these “Upwork Experts” have attitudes. Check the ego at the door and just politely answer the Freelancer’s question. The End.

I agree.

yes, i agree with you, i dont like we use  the word: " harassing" . in this case, it is clearly , he submitted the logo, and client have no any complain about it. the progblem of client is his website, not about logo ( i think so). If he need time to consider this logo or need change something, it is ok , but in this case he did not 

lisa5233
Community Member

He was just asking.  I have a client who will not give me the second half of the project and does not answer messages or mark I have hit a milestone even though the first half of the work is done and my client has been on daily.    I dind't know what to do, so I appreciate the question being asked.  It's not harassing to message a client especially if they are unresponsive and it seems like they are ghosting you.   He asked in here because he didn't know, give him a break.  Everyone is here to earn money and would like paid when the work is done.  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hussain,

If you know Upwork's 14-day automatic payment time clock is now ticking you'll just have to wait for the client to release payment or for Upwork to do it in 14 days. I wouldn't recommend contacting the client daily asking why they haven't released payment yet, but a polite reminder after 5 or 6 days would be unlikely to annoy a good client. But your only real recourse is patience.

If there are other milestones still to be worked on for this project, you can ask the client to fund the next milestone and tell them you'll get to work on that milestone once a) the current milestone payment is released and b) the next milestone is fully funded.

14 days is 14 days.

Submit, and wait.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members