🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding, I am in half work
Page options
799045d5
Community Member

Client is not responding, I am in half work

Hello everyone, I would like to know how to procede in this cituation. I accepted a job where the client told me everything that I had to know to make the designs. Also he told me that he was waiting for the template to give me so I can make the real scale that he need. I told him that I was going to start with the design and then I'll adjust to the template, he didn't respond. I started working because he need it finish to 05/09 even if he didn't gave an answer about that. At yesterday I asked him if he got the templates and if he was seeing my design (by the upwork app) and if he was liking the desings that i was making. He didn't answer. What should I do? Should I continue working? If I don't work and the 9 of april come, what could happen? What happen if I do everything and he never answer again? I will be pay? I don't know what to do. Thank you!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have properly documented work time using the TimeTracker app…

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Desktop-App

…you will be paid for that time, regardless whether the client ever gives you the information you need to complete the work. Don’t worry about meeting the deadline if you don’t have all the information you need to complete the project.

If you don’t have the information you need to complete the job, immediately communicate to the client via the Upwork app (and email, if you can) the current state of your work, what you need from the client in order to complete the work and what day and time you need a complete response from him in order to meet the deadline you have agreed to. And then do no more work and book no more time on TimeTracker for the project until the client gives you clear answers to your questions.

There is no telling why he hasn’t responded to you, but that is not your problem. Neither is meeting the deadline he set if he doesn’t communicate with you or doesn’t communicate soon enough for you to meet the deadline. (He may not even really care about the deadline.)

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Has Upwork confirmed to you that a contract with the client exists?

Is it hourly or fixed price?

I think yes. It's appear in My Job menu and I being tracking my hours. Is an hourly job. This is my first job.

If you have properly documented work time using the TimeTracker app…

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Desktop-App

…you will be paid for that time, regardless whether the client ever gives you the information you need to complete the work. Don’t worry about meeting the deadline if you don’t have all the information you need to complete the project.

If you don’t have the information you need to complete the job, immediately communicate to the client via the Upwork app (and email, if you can) the current state of your work, what you need from the client in order to complete the work and what day and time you need a complete response from him in order to meet the deadline you have agreed to. And then do no more work and book no more time on TimeTracker for the project until the client gives you clear answers to your questions.

There is no telling why he hasn’t responded to you, but that is not your problem. Neither is meeting the deadline he set if he doesn’t communicate with you or doesn’t communicate soon enough for you to meet the deadline. (He may not even really care about the deadline.)

Good luck!

Thank you very much! You been very clear and that's helps a lot. Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths