🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding back and it's delayi...
Page options
c54d27cb
Community Member

Client is not responding back and it's delaying the work

Hi. I hope you all are doing great. I have a client with whom I'm working on an hourly-pay job. I'm working on a web application. I demonstrated the initial version of the application to the client and he was happy with it and suggested adding more features to it. I added the required features and messaged him about the completion and to seek further updates on October 12, 2022. This is the backend stuff and I've to work on the frontend (the look of the app) as well but I can't proceed with anything until he responds back and approves the work done so far. I messaged him again on October 17, 2022, but he hasn't responded back till date.

At this point, I've two choices. I'm confused if I should

1. Continue with the work based on my assumptions (basically what I think is good for the application and not seek any ideas and feedback) about the project and without seeking any feedback or approval.

2. Wait for the client to respond back and then resume working on the job.

This is really frustrating because I'm missing out on other opportunities and a lot of other things. I've several interesting invitations but I can't accept them because I'm working with this client and he's not even responding back and the work is getting delayed way too much.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Go ahead and accept other invitations; there's no law saying that you have to wait around for a client to get back to you, or that you can't work on more than thing at a time. When and if the first client gets back to you, update him on your availability and go from there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

You need to wait answer. If not then client can dispute unagreed job.

Also you can close contract at this point (or at any time you want) and move forward. You aren't a slave.

Yeah. You're right. I'll wait for a few more days before taking this step. Anyways, thank you.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Go ahead and accept other invitations; there's no law saying that you have to wait around for a client to get back to you, or that you can't work on more than thing at a time. When and if the first client gets back to you, update him on your availability and go from there.

c54d27cb
Community Member

Thank you for the suggestion. You're right. I should not be missing out on other opportunities just because something isn't going the ideal way.

fayyazgee11
Community Member

According to Upwork if the client is not responding and yo already deliver the project! then after 14 days, you will receive your price ! So just work on next

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members