🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is not responding for a while (and...
Page options
feridmuradov
Community Member

Client is not responding for a while (and offline)

Hi, I got hired for a job. I have sent first version for the first milestone then we agreed to make a call in 3 hours, but he is missing for days now. Is there anyway to remind him to check upwork? Or what to do in a situation like this?
1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client is not responding for a while (and offline)"

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

Is the client "offline" or "online"?

I advise you to never look at that "indicator." I have worked on Upwork for over 7 years. I have never looked to see whether or not a client is "online" or "offline."

I personally set MY status to ALWAYS SHOW that I am offline. But I am usually online. Based on this, i do not believe that this "offline/online" indicator is accurate or helpful.

re: "I have sent first version for the first milestone then we agreed to make a call in 3 hours, but he is missing for days now."

If the work you sent was what was specified in the milestone task agreement, then you should have already clicked the "Submit work for payment" button. Then you will get paid AUTOMATICALLY if the client does NOTHING.

If you have not ALREADY clicked the "Submit" button... then why not?

re: "Is there anyway to remind him to check Upwork?"

TECHNICALLY it may be possible to contact Upwork Customer Support and ask them to contact the client. I don't know if they will or not, but I have heard of people attempting this.

Please never do this.

If you were a freelancer that I hired, I would consider this completely out-of-line behavior.

re: "Or what to do in a situation like this?"

This is not our project.

This is not our timeline.

If our client wants to respond, he will respond.

If our client doesn't want to respond, he doesn't need to.

If our client at one time had a certain deadline in mind, but he no longer wants to take steps necessary for the project to be finished by that deadline, then that is our client's choice. Our client knows where to find us when he needs us.

We sent ONE message that we are ready for the next step. That's all we need to do. Other than that, we can just wait. If we have done all the work we were assigned to do, then we click the Submit button, get paid, and then we can close the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths