🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding for more than two we...
Page options
nugapitiya_o
Community Member

Client is not responding for more than two weeks and now the contract is on hold. No payments.

The client of my job ID # 28623807, is not responded for more than two weeks after submitting the completed work. Today the contract is on hold and I didn't yet receive the payment. This is really bad for me because this is the only income I have at this moment and I was waiting for the payment. At least, will I receive the payment without the client responding to me? The amount is in escrow. 

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Normally, if a client does not respond for more than two weeks, thst is a good thing.

That means that I got paid automatically, and I did not need to spend any time talking to the client, answering questions, or doing any additional work/“revisions”.

But if the contract is on hold and payment has not been released, that is bad news.

That must mean that Upwork was not able to charge the client’s payment method successfully and permanently. It indicates a fraudulent payment method.

How much money is in escrow?
What type of work was this?

but will I receive the payment when the contract is on hold?

Be patient. Don’t do any more work on this project. But it’s looking like you will never get paid.

You will own the work yourself if you do not get paid.

What type of work is this? Maybe this is something you can put in your portfolio.

Really? that's too bad. I wrote three articles on programming related topics with a minimum of 2000 words per article.

petra_r
Community Member

EMMROL N wrote:

Today the contract is on hold and I didn't yet receive the payment. 

Did you properly submit the work for payment 2 weeks ago? In that case you should probably get paid normally 14 days after you submitted for payment using the "Submit for payment" function on the contract. (without re-submitting, which resets the 14 day counter)

Preston H wrote:

That must mean that Upwork was not able to charge the client’s payment method successfully and permanently. It indicates a fraudulent payment method.

It may very well have absolutely nothing to do with the OP's payment. It is impossible to set up a fixed rate contract without Upwork successfully charging the client's payment method.

The more likely scenario, especially when the contract was put on hold on a Friday, is that the client failed to pay for another, completely unrelated, hourly contract.

Preston H wrote:

But it’s looking like you will never get paid.

That's premature scaremongering.

Emmrol, take a deep breath and check when you have submitted the work for payment using the "submit work for payment" function. If you have used that function correctly, more likely than not the funds will be released to you at the end of the 14th day after submitting (or resubmitting).

Yes, there is a chance that your payment might be affected by something fraudulent, but generally I'd expect to see it having been reversed by now if it was fraudulent. If it is still visible under "In Review" on your Reports Overview page, I'd not panic yet.

PradeepH

Hello Emmrol,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that your client is unresponsive to your messages. I see that you have already submitted work 11 days ago using the 'Submit work for Payment' button on the contract. Your client will have 14 days to review and approve or request an edit on your submission. If your client does not respond within 14 days, the milestone is considered as approved and funds will be automatically paid to you. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much. It's really helpful to me. I'll wait and see for another three days.

You can click on the contract listing in your jobs list and see how many days it has been since you submitted.

Once the number shows as “14 days”, you probably won’t see an automatic release of escrow funds immediately. It typically takes up to 24 hours for that to happen.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members