🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding to my message
Page options
7eb9f409
Community Member

Client is not responding to my message

Hi I got my first client in financial analysis he interviewed me liked my work and briefed me about the work but she never gave me the data to work on we signed freelancer NDA and she deposited money in the escrow account. I freed up my team for the work but now she is not responding to my Question what should I do now

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

I`m sorry to hear for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to clarify that if a contract has no activity it will be closed automatically after 90 days. If you have completed your tasks/work you will need to submit your work on the milestone created for you. If no actions are taken on the client's end, after 14 days the funds will be released to you.
You can also reach out to your client with a polite reminder about your pending tasks or close the contract from your end at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

How many days ago did she hire you?

On 18th august 2020

Muhammad Z wrote:

On 18th august 2020

I would consider this ship as having sailed.

I don't care about the ship I know that it has sailed but she still has money deposited in the escrow account. She hasn't withdrawn the money. though has wasted my time initial 2 or 3 days

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

I don't care about the ship I know that it has sailed but she still has money deposited in the escrow account. She hasn't withdrawn the money. though has wasted my time initial 2 or 3 days

She can't "withdraw" the money. Upwork will close the contract and the funds will go back to the client automatically at 90 days. What exactly is your concern?

If your profile is set to private you simply click on the "Reset Profile Visibility" button here and it is set back to public.

visibility.png

Martina P. the problem is not about the Job. The problem is that she is not responding and the work is still pending and Upwork is warning me to complete the task. but she hasn't online since 20 Aug 2020

Hi Bojan
could you please guide me on 1 thing as well
I was hired by an Australian client in august 
I got interviewed and everything went through very well I signed NDA and she deposited the money in Upwork escrow account and I accepted the contract on Upwork
she supposed to send me the detail of the work
I made up my schedule and made myself available for her but she didn't show up to send me detail of the work. I rescheduled everything for her but still, he didn't respond to my messages. From her interview, I did what I could and did some market research the way she wanted. I wasted almost my 10 days waiting for her she is still not responding to my message
and I think she left Upwork or something I don't know I didn't saw her online
she was a reputable client on Upwork and spend more than 20k on Upwork
What should I do its been 3 months now should I submit work for payment ?

Hi Muhammad,

I`m sorry to hear for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to clarify that if a contract has no activity it will be closed automatically after 90 days. If you have completed your tasks/work you will need to submit your work on the milestone created for you. If no actions are taken on the client's end, after 14 days the funds will be released to you.
You can also reach out to your client with a polite reminder about your pending tasks or close the contract from your end at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have reached out to my client many time
now I am concern about her health
because its been more than 2 months that I haven't seen her online 
although she was a reputable client 
whatever work I did
I will submit that to her if there is an issue or concern about my work I will correct that for her even if she contacts me after 14 days
and Please clarify me one thing else
what if I don't submit the work and the money revert back to her
will it affect my profile on Upwork

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

should I submit work for payment ?

Have you completed the work?

7eb9f409
Community Member

I have done half of my work
it consist of 2 things
Market research
and Financial analysis
I have done the market research
the financial analysis portion could only be done if she share the data with me it cant be done on its own

Hello fellow freelancer
my client gave me a task 
I have completed that task about 2 months ago
for 2 months my client disappeared
should I submit work for payment 
I heard that if I submit work for payment will be automatically transferred to my account. and what if she doesn't. and will it affect my status on Upwork. what if she didn't like what I did ( submitting work for payment ) will she be able to give me a bad feedback

Muhammad Z wrote:

Hello fellow freelancer
my client gave me a task 
I have completed that task about 2 months ago
for 2 months my client disappeared
should I submit work for payment 
I heard that if I submit work for payment will be automatically transferred to my account. and what if she doesn't. and will it affect my status on Upwork. what if she didn't like what I did ( submitting work for payment ) will she be able to give me a bad feedback

You always click submit for payment when you send the work. The client does not need to respond, but they have 14 days to request changes. If they don't they are either happy or don't care any longer about the task. 

Muhammad:
Clients are not required to "appear" or respond to freelancers.

So I would never think of a client as having "disappeared."

The important thing is that I can always do my work and get paid.

re: "I have completed that task about 2 months ago"

If I had completed that task 2 months ago, I would have been paid a month and a half ago. The money would already be in my bank account.

Because I would have clicked the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button as soon as I finished the task.

That is what you should have done.

re: "will she be able to give me a bad feedback?"

If she has disappeared then I would have already received my pay, and I would have already closed the contract, and there would be NO bad feedback.

Plus the Upwork now warn me that you have a long outstanding Job complete the job or we will make your profile strickly private

Muhammad Z wrote:

Plus the Upwork now warn me that you have a long outstanding Job complete the job or we will make your profile strickly private

Your profile will be made private after a certain time if there is no activity such as getting new jobs, getting paid, etc. It has NOTHING to do with this specific job, so you might as well stop obsessing about it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths