Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is not responding

abdullahmaruf17
Abdullah Maruf R Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
1 of 6

I was working with a client name **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was working on a hourly project **Edited for Community Guidelines**

In this project it was necessary to add manual time. I told the client about that. He said not to worry and he will add manual time and give me the payment.

Suddenly he paused the contract , I asked him why, he said not to worry and he need some time to review the file.

But after that He did not reply any of my message and did not respond at all .

I attached a screens that will show that he was ensuring me that he will add manual payment.

Please help me with this problem. As a new freelancer this problem is effecting my trust.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Abdullah:

it's okay!

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

Clients are not obligated to allow manual time or allow additional time on hourly contracts.

It is up to you to decide what to do given the conditions of the contract.

Your client has done nothing wrong.

If a client promises you an additional payment, that is between you and the client. I can assure you that screenshots are irrelevant. Upwork will not interfere and will not compel clients to do anything when it comes to promises that take place outside of official Upwork contracts.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 6

Abdullah, did you add your manual time to the work diary associated with the project before the contract was paused?

abdullahmaruf17
4 of 6

Yes mam. I requested the client but he told me he will add the time. But after that he is gone...

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

Abdullah - IMO I think what Preston is telling you (between the lines) is that this client is a scammer. He probably knew that on hourly jobs, manual hours are not billed directly to his or any clients account. They are only billed if a client approves of those hours. Also, Upwork doesn't not include manual hours entered to be a part of their hourly protection payment guarantee.

Your client disappeared because he got his work. There's no need to respond to you. Nothing to be accomplished because he doesn't intend to pay you.

There's nothing Upwork or any of us can do to help you get your payment. No one can force a client to pay a freelancer for manual hours, if there's no money in escrow, if escrow is not fully funded, if time tracker is not used to record hours, and if no notes are entered in trackers screenshots. Manual hours added are risky.

As for trust. that's only built up between a freelancer and client when they have worked together for many months. There's a ton of scammers on this site, both freelancers and clients. When working with either you need to keep vigilant and to protect yourself in every possible way.

I don't know what type of job you did, but if it could be published anywhere on the internet, (you can search for it) you can contact the host site with a DMCA notice and have your work taken down/off. 

abdullahmaruf17
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Thank you mam for your reply. 

When I requested to add manual time he paused the contract. I add a screenshot.

I also think client is a scammer but he had a lot of good review.

anyways, I will be more cautious next time.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS