🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is not responding
Page options
jayawardhane-sup
Community Member

Client is not responding

I did a fixed job in upwork. after delivering the documents client is not responding. What should i do? Am i gonna loose the payment? How can i end contract with money?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Supun, 

I checked your account and it looks like you submitted your work 2-days ago. Please know that once you submit work for a milestone (through the submission page), your client has 14-days to review the work you submitted. The client may come back earlier than the 14-days to release payment for the milestone, or to request for changes to the submitted work. If you don't hear back from the client, the money in escrow will automatically be released to your account.

You may read this help article for more information on how to get paid for fixed-price contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Supun, 

I checked your account and it looks like you submitted your work 2-days ago. Please know that once you submit work for a milestone (through the submission page), your client has 14-days to review the work you submitted. The client may come back earlier than the 14-days to release payment for the milestone, or to request for changes to the submitted work. If you don't hear back from the client, the money in escrow will automatically be released to your account.

You may read this help article for more information on how to get paid for fixed-price contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yusufzai
Community Member

Hello,

But if the client doesnt respond in 14 days its ok that we will receive the funds in our account and further I have 2 questions.

q1. the contract would get ended automaitcally after 14 days?

q2. what about feedback if the client isnt responding and wev got the money after 14 days would NO FEEDBACK rom the client due to no response would hurt our overall JSS? which has no fault at the end of freelancer?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Shahzaib Y wrote:

Hello,

But if the client doesnt respond in 14 days its ok that we will receive the funds in our account and further I have 2 questions.

q1. the contract would get ended automaitcally after 14 days?

q2. what about feedback if the client isnt responding and wev got the money after 14 days would NO FEEDBACK rom the client due to no response would hurt our overall JSS? which has no fault at the end of freelancer?

Answer 1 - No

Answer 2 - No, contracts with money paid do not hurt your JSS unless you had huge numbers of those even if they end without feedback from the client.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client is not responding"

Clients are not required to respond.

When I work on a fixed-price contract OR an hourly contract, I get paid automatically if the client does not respond.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members