🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding!
Page options
nanees-youssef
Community Member

Client is not responding!

Hi;

I am working on a project, communicated with the client and he was answering at first, did part of the project and delivered it and now client is not answering my messages!! What's the situation now?!

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Nanees:

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers' messages.

Why does it matter to you if he responds?

As freelancers, we get paid whether clients respond or not.

Do the work you were asked to do. Submit it. Get paid automatically. Simple.

Not that simple because still the project is ongoing and the second part is pending! And, I delivered him one part without hearing from him!

Nanees Y wrote:
Not that simple because still the project is ongoing and the second part is pending! And, I delivered him one part without hearing from him!

It should be that simple if the contract was set up correctly.

Is it fixed rate or hourly? 

If fixed rate, is it fully funded?

It's one-time project with fixed price and not quite sure what do you mean by fully funded but his payment method is verified, if that what do you mean.

Nanees Y wrote:
It's one-time project with fixed price and not quite sure what do you mean by fully funded but his payment method is verified, if that what do you mean.

Go to your "My Jobs" page.

Click on the contract for that job.

What does it say for "In Escrow"

Screenshot at Feb 29 13-07-37.png

Nothing shows in contracts..However, the proposal shows active in the proposal section and the client explained to me what to do on the project!

If nothing shows in contracts, then you are not supposed to do any work.

You worked for free.

At this point, what I would personally do is tell the client:

"Gustavo:

Let me know if you need anything else done for this project. You can use the Hire button to set up an official Upwork contract and pay for the work I already submitted, if you want to be able to use it. (Otherwise, I will retain ownership.)"

Then forget about this client. You owe him nothing. Don't do any more work for him if he doesn't hire you. You can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report him for asking for free work.

undefined:
Nothing shows in contracts..However, the proposal shows active in the proposal section and the client explained to me what to do on the project!

You were never hired, you don't have a contract, and should not have done any work whatsoever at all.

An active proposal means nothing.

Without an offer, acceptance of that offer, and contract, you wasted your time-

Ok I get your point!! I am a new user and still not aware of everything here.
It seems some sort of fraud from the client's side..As, he explained to me his requirements already!

re: "It seems some sort of fraud from the client's side. As, he explained to me his requirements already!"

There are two possibilities:

1) This client is an honest, good person, but he is new to Upwork, and he does not know how to use it properly. He may indeed click the Hire button, set up a contract and pay you.

2) This client is dishonest. He knows how Upwork works, and he is intentionally tricking newbies into working for free.

Thank you for your clarification. Will take care after that.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths