🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is not responding
Page options
callistodesign
Community Member

Client is not responding

Hi all,

I am working on an hourly job and I finished what I was supposed to do.

I sent my client a schreenshot of my work for her confirmation and she said it was lovely. After discussing for a while, I tried out a few ideas she mentioned. I asked if she was happy with the result or if I should keep working but she hasn't replied since. It's been a few days.

Now I feel stuck because I am not sure if I should continue to work, if I should send her the final file or if I should wait for her reply to do so. It says job in process and she didn't approve it yet.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Olta Q wrote:

I am working on an hourly job and I finished what I was supposed to do.

I sent my client a schreenshot of my work for her confirmation and she said it was lovely. After discussing for a while, I tried out a few ideas she mentioned. I asked if she was happy with the result or if I should keep working but she hasn't replied since. It's been a few days.

Now I feel stuck because I am not sure if I should continue to work, if I should send her the final file or if I should wait for her reply to do so. It says job in process and she didn't approve it yet.

It's an hourly job and you've been tracking your hours properly with the Upwork app?

I wouldn't keep logging hours until she gets back to you, as you say you have finished what you were supposed to do!

Yes, I did track my hours properly. I will wait for her response because the job is finished. Should I send her the final files now (because I only sent her screenshots of the final work)?

Personally I would wait for the client to ask for them.  Then immediately when you do, ask her if she doesn't need anything else to please end the contract and write appropriate feedback.  

If you send it now she may just continue to ignore you having everything she needs.  

Will that affect my payment? Since it's an unresponsive client I'd like to end the contract soon.

Olta Q wrote:

Yes, I did track my hours properly. I will wait for her response because the job is finished. Should I send her the final files now (because I only sent her screenshots of the final work)?

The client has hired you on an hourly contract to complete some work for them. You've done it. Send it to them....I mean, why wouldn't you?

Job stuck and not completed with in milies stone date because client is not responding. It effected on my account due to which rissing talent badge disappear. 
Already work completed from my side only wait for client response. Have wish to get back my rising talent badge.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths