🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding
Page options
5bafa961
Community Member

Client is not responding

I have a client who is very new to Upwork and I did a job for him. After the first revision, he paid half (it was a milestone) Now after sending the 2nd draft to the client, the client is now not responding. He is not responding already for more than a week. Job (video) is basically done. What should I do to get paid completely for the project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DMITRIY V wrote:

Can I report on him or ask Upwork to try to reach him?

No to both. There is nothing to report him for, and upwork will not try to reach him. It's a beginner's mistake to send work without a funded milestone, so chalk it up to lessons learned. Next time you know and are more aware on how to work safely in the framework upwork provides for that purpose. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

DMITRIY V wrote:

I have a client who is very new to Upwork and I did a job for him. After the first revision, he paid half (it was a milestone) Now after sending the 2nd draft to the client, the client is now not responding. He is not responding already for more than a week. Job (video) is basically done. What should I do to get paid completely for the project?

If he has funded the second milestone, just submit for payment. If he didn't, you shouldn't have sent any work covered in the second milestone. 

So this is how our contract looks right now, "remaining" money doesn't mean that he automatically funded them? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

DMITRIY V wrote:

So this is how our contract looks right now, "remaining" money doesn't mean that he automatically funded them? 

There is zero in escrow, so that means unfunded. The budget number is just a number and means nothing if the milestone is not funded. 

DMITRIY V wrote:

No to both. There is nothing to report him for, and upwork will not try to reach him. It's a beginner's mistake to send work without a funded milestone, so chalk it up to lessons learned. Next time you know and are more aware on how to work safely in the framework upwork provides for that purpose. 

Thank you for quick response and information. Will take it as a lesson. 

Dmitriy V.,

When your fixed price project started, did Upwork remind you in any way not to start work on a milestone until it is funded?

This page makes it very clear how fixed price escrow is supposed to work...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063748-Fixed-Price-Protection

...but we see a lot of posters on this board who work on and submit work for unfunded milestones, so a reminder at the start of each fixed price project might save a few newer freelancers from working for no pay.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members