🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding..
Page options
muhammad-aatir
Community Member

Client is not responding..

I'm having two current clients that are not responding.

For the first client (a fixed price contract) I completed the job successfully and he is not responding now. I ended the contract and waiting for feedback from him. If I didn't get any feedback within 14 days from him than what will be the effect to my job success score ? How much star rating will I get from him than ?? Upwork will help me to get reviews ???

For the second client (an hourly contract), he is also not responding and not giving any more work for more than last two months. What can I do now ?

I'm just worrying about the job success score as both clients got quality of work and I expected to get good rankings from them.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

I don't know how many jobs you've completed because your profile is set to private. But as long as you don't have a lot of "no feedback jobs" then it shouldn't affect your JSS score. It's ok to have a few jobs without feedback. 

As for the first client, - if you closed the contract there's a big possibility that this client will not give you any feedback (stars or reviews.) Upwork, will not help you to get reviews. That's why it's a good thing for the client to close a contact because when they do, they HAVE to leave feedback. 

As for the 2nd client, even though it's been 2 months, don't close the contract yet. Wait until you get a few more jobs with feedback, and then you can close that one. As stated above, that client also will most likely not give you feedback. But at times once clients receive their work and pay you, they disappear and there's nothing you can do to get them to close the contract. Just don't close those contracts all at once. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
madbanditroy
Community Member

If you got paid, you should give the clients a good review. In turn, they'll give you a good review and your job score will go up.
kat303
Community Member

I don't know how many jobs you've completed because your profile is set to private. But as long as you don't have a lot of "no feedback jobs" then it shouldn't affect your JSS score. It's ok to have a few jobs without feedback. 

As for the first client, - if you closed the contract there's a big possibility that this client will not give you any feedback (stars or reviews.) Upwork, will not help you to get reviews. That's why it's a good thing for the client to close a contact because when they do, they HAVE to leave feedback. 

As for the 2nd client, even though it's been 2 months, don't close the contract yet. Wait until you get a few more jobs with feedback, and then you can close that one. As stated above, that client also will most likely not give you feedback. But at times once clients receive their work and pay you, they disappear and there's nothing you can do to get them to close the contract. Just don't close those contracts all at once. 

Dear upwrok management
Hello

First of all I would like to thanks a special thanks to upwork and their all team members. It is very great platform for Asians particular those who are unemployed. Especially from Pakistan. :-).
I have an issue. And I am very worried about it. The problem is, I hired by a client, named **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it's job caption is (**Edited for Community Guidelines**). Job Active since Dec 27, 2018 and now Today the date is 1/9/2019. He is not responding. I have sent many messages in different time. I am fully cooperative with him. I have no issue work with him. I am afraid it can down my rating and profile can downgrade. If he has any issue, he should let me know. I am very postive with my all clients you can check it all. If he or I cancell the job then my profile will go in negetive and rating will be down. Please advise me, what should I do now. I donot want my profile in minus.

I am attaching job contract screenshot. Please advice and help.

With best regards,
Kaamran

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English