🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not responding
Page options
Community Member

Client is not responding

Hi,

I recently got a job on Upwork. Now after sending the 2nd draft to the client, the client is now not responding. It's almost 2 days, I understand the client might have an emergency or they are busy so I am willing to wait a week for their response. But what If the client doesn't respond even after a week. What step should I take? This is my 1st job at Upwork. So that's why I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Clients not responding is not new. If you work the system correctly, it won't be a problem. If this is an hourly project, you will be paid for the work you've done to date. If this is a fixed-price project and the client has funded the milestone appropriately, submit via the submission tool and your funds will be released in 14 days automatically. Ta-da!

I agree it's annoying for clients not to respond (I have quite a few) but if they pay well and according to the system (funding prior to be starting on a milestone), I'm ok with it. 

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e654d456
Community Member

Even adtwe switching to plus, no client even responds and connents not only go futile, a sense of frustration prevails. Thete must be a some policy update for clients 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members