🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is offering 3 good feedbacks instead o...
Page options
9e1a22c7
Community Member

Client is offering 3 good feedbacks instead of money

I know that forcing someone to leave a good review is against the rules.

But I have this client who is offering 3 good reviews instead of paying enough for the work.

Is this a reportable behaviour?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Ali G wrote:

But I have this client who is offering 3 good reviews instead of paying enough for the work.

Read the ToS

4.1 EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE
The following are examples of uses that are prohibited on the Site or when using the Site Services:
[...]

Attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the feedback system, including by:

• withholding payment or Work Product or engaging in any other conduct for the purpose of obtaining positive feedback from another User;

So far only the client violated the ToS. If you accept his "offer", you do as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I already shared your report with the team for investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Ali G wrote:

Read the ToS

4.1 EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE
The following are examples of uses that are prohibited on the Site or when using the Site Services:
[...]

Attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the feedback system, including by:

• withholding payment or Work Product or engaging in any other conduct for the purpose of obtaining positive feedback from another User;

So far only the client violated the ToS. If you accept his "offer", you do as well.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ali G wrote:

How would that even work? If you don't get paid on a contract, there is no review. 

Maybe 3 cheap contracts isntead of 1 with the actual value of work I guess.

I got suspicious when he had over 100 reviews and 4.95 score yet tried to cancel a contract after I have done more than the requirements and after I told him what he is doing isn't right (also telling me the job is done when he says it's done and not the contract). Then he came back to me with this offer after he failed to find someone to do it.

With that score and that sort of behaviour he probably has done it before

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members