🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is "payment method not verified" y...
Page options
arissabayton
Community Member

Client is "payment method not verified" yet

I have and interview scheduled and I am hoping I get a contract. The client is still "payment method not verified". The question is if all goes well, will the client be able to give an offer even if he is still "payment method not verified"? or does he have to verify the payment method first before he can give an offer? Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

Don't worry about it until you have an offer. Then, before you accept, just politely remind them that the payment method needs to be verified before you can accept. Then, wait for it to show on the offer page as accepted. It will take a few minutes to reflect after they verify it, so they may tell you it's done while it's still not showing that way. Just give it a few minutes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wlyonsatl
Community Member

The most important thing is that you don't accept his/her offer until their payment method is verified by Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Member

I don't pay much attention to this at the beginning... whether a client is payment verified or not.

I want the client to be payment verified when I start logging time. But I don't care about this during the proposal, interview stages.

A lot of the clients I work for are completely new, and working for them can be extremely profitable. It doesn't make sense for me to avoid clients who are not payment-verified yet.

wescowley
Community Member

Don't worry about it until you have an offer. Then, before you accept, just politely remind them that the payment method needs to be verified before you can accept. Then, wait for it to show on the offer page as accepted. It will take a few minutes to reflect after they verify it, so they may tell you it's done while it's still not showing that way. Just give it a few minutes.

Thanks!

In every initial proposal I send to a potential client, I tell them I can start work for them as soon as Upwork verifies their payment method.

I have never had a problem getting a potential client to take care of this before they expect me to start working on the project.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths