🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is telling to refund the money.
Page options
chandradev819
Community Member

Client is telling to refund the money.

Hi All,

One of the client contacted me to work on API integration task. Then i accepted to work on that project. After that i told him to create the milestone. He created 2 milestone. One for undestand project and integration first api in his application ($200). Other for finishing the remaining task of that project ($300). I accepted it.

Initially i send him all prototype design, how will be his application work, He became agree on that prototype. I started to work on his task. I complted  first milestone and shared the code with him to review. He reviewed it and released the $200 fund. 

After that he stoped to deposite fund for second milestone. Still i was working for second milestone. I already gave more than 10 hrs for second milestone. He become unresponsive for one month. whenever i was asking question on it. He was not replying to me. 

Yesterday he has sent message me , "I have decided to stop the project. Please refund all my money of first milestone($200)."  You donot have done any time. You have scammed me.  He has raised the dispute on upwork help desk.

I have already given 40 hrs for his work. Now he has changed his mindset, what should i do ?  He is expecting to complete entire project in $200. Please suggest me on this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chandradev S wrote:

Hi @Jennifer,

Thanks for reply. I didnot get any email from upwork. if i will not refund the money to him. will upwork block my profile ? 

oh if there is no refund request, then I guess wait until he sends one. It's probably coming if it's within the 30 day deadline.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

Chandradev S wrote:

Hi All,

One of the client contacted me to work on API integration task. Then i accepted to work on that project. After that i told him to create the milestone. He created 2 milestone. One for undestand project and integration first api in his application ($200). Other for finishing the remaining task of that project ($300). I accepted it.

Initially i send him all prototype design, how will be his application work, He became agree on that prototype. I started to work on his task. I complted  first milestone and shared the code with him to review. He reviewed it and released the $200 fund. 

After that he stoped to deposite fund for second milestone. Still i was working for second milestone. I already gave more than 10 hrs for second milestone. He become unresponsive for one month. whenever i was asking question on it. He was not replying to me. 

Yesterday he has sent message me , "I have decided to stop the project. Please refund all my money of first milestone($200)."  You donot have done any time. You have scammed me.  He has raised the dispute on upwork help desk.

I have already given 40 hrs for his work. Now he has changed his mindset, what should i do ?  He is expecting to complete entire project in $200. Please suggest me on this.

If he issues a refund request, then you have to either accept or dispute it and then you go into mediation.

Hi @Jennifer,

Thanks for reply. I didnot get any email from upwork. if i will not refund the money to him. will upwork block my profile ? 

Chandradev S wrote:

Hi @Jennifer,

oh if there is no refund request, then I guess wait until he sends one. It's probably coming if it's within the 30 day deadline.

once again thanks for reply and guidance.

Wait until the client requests the refund, and in such case go into mediation. In the meantime, you could prepare tests for your API (if you use Python you can PM to help you with tht if you need). Once in the mediation, if you didn't understand him the expecited API functioning, offer him to fix it, and if he didn't explain it well, the fault was his, and if he wants a fix it could be as a small extra milestone or in the planned second milestone.

Hi @Lucio Ricardo,

Thanks for reply and kind support. I donot face any issue while working on his task. I have already completed the first milestone. Now he is not willing to fund for second milestone. He is also not interest to complete his own project. whenever i ask question about next task, he doesnot reply.

How can i help him ? 

strangerhash
Community Member

Same Happened with me he just paid 50 $ and asking for refund even project was 1100 $.
now he left negative feedback.
I refunded the money will negative feedback will be removed ?

Satyendra P wrote:

Same Happened with me he just paid 50 $ and asking for refund even project was 1100 $.
now he left negative feedback.
I refunded the money will negative feedback will be removed ?

Yes it will disappear. The private feedback will remain. 

Thanks for the reply .
How much time it will take ?

Satyendra P wrote:

Thanks for the reply .
How much time it will take ?

1 to 2 days, usually, sometimes it's quicker, sometimes it takes a little longer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths