🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is threatening me and asking to edit t...
Page options
khunshaj
Community Member

Client is threatening me and asking to edit the feedback i gave him (he was disrespectful)

The client is asking me to remove the feedback about him OR give him a full refund for the project that I completed. He first said that I 'deleted the file to play punk', but then I sent him the file over and over again and now he is just sending me refund requests via the app.

This is the second time that this client has tortured me in a way that was abusive to my mental health. He uses derogatory language, asks for several revisions and then belittles the work done making it looking like it is my fault. This time around he wanted me to edit a piece another freelancer wrote. During the milestone he had me write it over and over again. Then he made me edit a transcript saying that it is a part of the task. (60 pages) I said he can open another milestone with the right price and then he started enticing me with ' I have so much more work for you. I contacted support for the free work he was trying to get out of me. Support did NOT help very much but suggested that I close the contract on a happy note. I tried to do that, and then left him the feedback his conduct deserved. He has been threatening me since.

He has a history of giving freelancers bad reviews. The requirements are not clear, I have been trying to help him but this is making me sick and I am otherwise a very rational person lol. 

I don't know what to do. I don't want to give him a refund because the work I did is still live on the file. He will be using it just like last time where he said he is ashamed of the stuff that I wrote. I really hope no other freelancer has to go through this. It is stressful and humiliating to be working for someone who has zero decency.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Khunsha,

I'm sorry to hear you have a bad experience with this client. Please know that if you delivered the work and they released payment on the milestone, you don't need to refund the client. This is completely up to you. Also, you can block the client from messaging you any further. There are multiple ways to block a user but the easiest way is to access a room with that user, click on their profile icon, then select Block. Please note that you cannot block a user with whom you have an active contract. 

Lastly, if anyone threatening or harassing you we encourage you to report their messagesEvery report is sent directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Khunsha,

I'm sorry to hear you have a bad experience with this client. Please know that if you delivered the work and they released payment on the milestone, you don't need to refund the client. This is completely up to you. Also, you can block the client from messaging you any further. There are multiple ways to block a user but the easiest way is to access a room with that user, click on their profile icon, then select Block. Please note that you cannot block a user with whom you have an active contract. 

Lastly, if anyone threatening or harassing you we encourage you to report their messagesEvery report is sent directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Threatening you with what?

The contract is already closed.

He already left feedback.

You have already been paid for your work.

What's he going to do?

If you block him, he can't do anything.

Here's his mail.

Cyberbullying.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Khunsha,

Thanks for following up and sharing the screenshots. I see that you already made a report so I'll share the screenshots with the team so they can take appropriate actions according to our internal processes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths