Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is unreponsive and did not pay for the work

raakiagg
Akash B Member Since: Jan 26, 2017
1 of 5

Hi

The job is fixed priece job with 4 milestones.

I completed the 1st week work and submit to for milestone approval. Now 6 days gone. Client did not approved the milestone and not even answer my messages.

I dont kow what to do. Should i stop work and end contract or continue or wait for his messages??

Please suggest.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Why do I keep seeing threads with the headline "client is unresponsive", along with a suggestion that the client didn't pay for the work?

Where are freelancers getting this phrase from?

Clients DO NOT need to respond.

I always get paid for the work I do, whether or not the client responds.

For example... original poster Akash says that he submitted a milestone 6 days, and that the client has not responded.

So what?

The client has 14 days to review the milestone submission.

If the client does not respond AT ALL, then the complete amount of the funded milestone will be released automatically to Akash.

Which means Akash was required to do ZERO additional work... not even answering any questions from the client.

All the pay. For no additional work.

This is a good thing.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

re: "Should i stop work and end contract or continue or wait for his messages??"

No.

Don't send any messages.

Don't do anything.

You already submitted your work using the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

That's ALL you should do.

Just wait 8 more days and ALL the money funded in escrow will be released to you. And at that point the money is yours.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

Just wait 8 more days and ALL the money funded in escrow will be released to you. And at that point the money is yours.

You appear to have missed the part where he said there are 4 milestones and only one was submitted for approval and "should he stop working?"

The answer is of couse YES, he should stop working until the first milestone has been released and the second one funded.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 5

And just to make this perfectly clear, until the milestone is approved, stop working BUT DO NOT CLOSE THE CONTRACT. If you close a contract before a milestone is approved, you don't get paid.