🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client issue?
Page options
6faff77c
Community Member

Client issue?

Hey guys,

i've done some projects here on upwork so far and everything was going great.

But this one client is just really annoying I've sent him like 10 versions and he still denies it, but before we started the contract he said "you have all creative freedom". What would you guys recommend in this case? Since I don't want to cancel this project and I don't want to get bad rating which is really important because I'm just starting out here on upwork but have like 10+ years of experience in my field.

PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Ask questions and get specific feedback as to what he likes and doesn't like about your previous versions (get on a phone or video call with him, it might be easier). Then say that you'll do one more version, but after that, if he needs more work, it'll cost X amount for further versions.

In the future, specify up front how many revisions are included in your price and how much it'll cost for any additional versions. Then stick to that. Or, suggest that clients hire you on an hourly basis instead.

But every now and then, a client simply won't like your work no matter what you do, and you'll have to agree that it wasn't a "good fit" and suggest that they hire a different freelancer. It happens - can't win 'em all. Remain calm, polite and professional, and try not to take it personally.

Thanks Christine for great feedback!

I will try to use your suggestions and see how it goes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members