🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client just assigning task and committing to ...
Page options
chittaranjan3ds
Community Member

Client just assigning task and committing to give project

one client gives  me a 15 to 20 task and commenting me to I give you a project do this images and we will do a contract, I work 15 to 20 images for test purpose then again he said 1 more, 3 more, 4more image then i stop working on task images I working total 15- 20 images done for this client just under the name of TASK & also ask him to send work official offer then I am working for you he said - No first finish all this task and we will do contract after 2 hr finally I said - I don't want any contract with you to find another designer for your project

I have  4 to 6 years account but I am starting work on Upwork recently in that situation what I have to do PLEASE HELP ME

So can I use Flag as inappropriate

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chittaranjan,

Please note that any requesting of free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is ToS violation. Please, see Upwork Terms of Use for more information. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

On Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link on the contract details page in order to share the final product with their client and at the same moment request payment. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.

Please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Chittaranjan P wrote:

one client gives  me a 15 to 20 task and commenting me to I give you a project do this images and we will do a contract, I work 15 to 20 images for test purpose then again he said 1 more, 3 more, 4more image then i stop working on task images I working total 15- 20 images done for this client just under the name of TASK & also ask him to send work official offer then I am working for you he said - No first finish all this task and we will do contract after 2 hr finally I said - I don't want any contract with you to find another designer for your project

I have  4 to 6 years account but I am starting work on Upwork recently in that situation what I have to do PLEASE HELP ME

So can I use Flag as inappropriate

Read the ToS and other help pages to learn how this platform works.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

This is really very simple - if you don't have a contract, then don't do any work. And yes, flag the job as inappropriate, select "other" for the reason, then put "Client is asking for free work."

thanks for support

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chittaranjan,

Please note that any requesting of free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is ToS violation. Please, see Upwork Terms of Use for more information. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

On Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link on the contract details page in order to share the final product with their client and at the same moment request payment. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.

Please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

thanks for your replay 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths