🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client just cancelled a contract in error
Page options
pkaufman
Community Member

Client just cancelled a contract in error

You can see in the PMs that it was a mistake. How can we fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Thank you. Is that a better solution for me than he just pays me a bonus for the price of the contract without opening a new one?"

He could pay the entire amount of money he owes you with the "Give bonus" tool on the closed contract.

The reason I suggested opening a new contract is that I assumed he had more work for you to do.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "You can see in the PMs that it was a mistake. How can we fix this?"

If the contract was closed WITHOUT ANY MONEY BEING PAID then do this:

1. The client navigates to his "Contracts" page and finds the contract that he closed.

2. Client clicks on the "three dots" to see the "Give bonus" tool. Client uses this to pay you a one dollar bonus.

Upwork -> Jobs -> All Contracts -> [three dots icon] -> Give bonus

(This way you will not be JSS-penalized for having a zero-pay contract.)

Next:
Client creates a new contract to hire you again.

That's all that needs to be done.

Thank you. Is that a better solution for me than he just pays me a bonus for the price of the contract without opening a new one?

petra_r
Community Member

Peter K wrote:

Thank you. Is that a better solution for me than he just pays me a bonus for the price of the contract without opening a new one?

Either would work just as well as far as the JSS is concerned, you just forfeit the "security" of escrow.

re: "Thank you. Is that a better solution for me than he just pays me a bonus for the price of the contract without opening a new one?"

He could pay the entire amount of money he owes you with the "Give bonus" tool on the closed contract.

The reason I suggested opening a new contract is that I assumed he had more work for you to do.

Thinking about it, that is probably the better way to go - just the $1, because he will give me great feedback on a new job. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members