🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client launched a refund request, how could I...
Page options
jianguo-zhang
Community Member

Client launched a refund request, how could I refuse?

Client want to decrease hourly rate, I don't agree, then the client close the contract and launced a refund request. I have spent time on the project, I don't agree refund any. Please help me how to refuse the refund request, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Just tell the client that you are not prepared to refund. Nicely and politely of course.

If you used the tracker properly, with meaningful work memos and good activity levels, you're protected anyway, even if the client disputes.

Thanks your reply. Does upwork refund automatically from my account? i.e. without my acceptance to refund

Jianguo Z wrote:

Thanks your reply. Does upwork refund automatically from my account? i.e. without my acceptance to refund

Not from a simple refund request, no.

m_shyra101
Community Member

For me, I think u should fight for the hourly rate that u two have in the contract or if ever, maybe u two settle it down with another hourly rate that will be acceptable for both of you. However in that case, I think it is not rightful for him to remove your contract and make a refund request just because of u not accepting the decrease hourly rate. In the first place, you too also have the right to not accept the decrease in hourly rate and especially you have the right to denied the refund because you work already for that project and surely they already got benefits with ur works at some point. I think refund will be only applicable if he doesn't get satisfied with ur work but base on your statement its a different situation. (Also, better if you have the copy of the contract just in case).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members