🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client left bad rarting affecting my prof...
Page options
diaz-mariano
Community Member

Client left bad rarting affecting my profile

Hey there,

A client left a bad rating in my profile for something that is not my fault (late deadline when she didn't reply for over a week) 
Is it something that I can do so doesn't affect my profile as I'm a top-rated plus with 100 JSS?

7 REPLIES 7
moonraker
Community Member

You can use your perk to have it removed, if you've not used in the last 3 months and 10 contracts

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I would not use my Top Rated perk to remove a $10 job. Why do you even worry? Your JSS is a perfect 100 even if she left bad private feedback, which she most probably did, how much of an impact can a $10 job have on your profile? 

Just refund the $10 and the public feedback will disappear from your profile! You can also try to close other "In progress" projects if the work is completed on those projects! 

But don't use your Top Rated perk for a $10 job!

I did a refund but its still appearing on my profile

Mariano D wrote:

I did a refund but its still appearing on my profile

It takes a while for the profile to update.

If you have refunded everything you received from that client on this particular contract, give it a day or two it will disappear! 

jr-translation
Community Member

Mariano D wrote:

Hey there,

A client left a bad rating in my profile for something that is not my fault (late deadline when she didn't reply for over a week) 
Is it something that I can do so doesn't affect my profile as I'm a top-rated plus with 100 JSS?

You should have written that in your feedback rather than leaving a profile suicide feedback.

Did you deliver what was requested within the deadline?

Did you check that you have all the information needed before accepting the offer?

Did you get paid the full amount for the work (mile stone) you did? If not, did you agree to a refund?

The amount is less than 1/1000 of your income so you can ignore any effect it might have on your JSS.

tlbp
Community Member

Mariano D wrote:

Hey there,

The client you were working with may have been outsourcing the work, forgotten about it or just decided they didn't need it. Some clients are aware that freelancers will refund to get rid of feedback on their profile. So, giving you a low star rating is an easy way for them to get their money back. 

I don't think your feedback is inappropriate, although you could have worded it more diplomatically. 

You'll have to decide whether to "waste" your perk on this one, leave it as is or give back the money so no other clients see the star rating. (As others have mentioned, it probably won't impact your JSS much). 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths