🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client left inadequate review and broke laws
Page options
rishabsehgal
Community Member

Client left inadequate review and broke laws

Hello, My previous client left a review that is a complete lie and also during his contract he didn't fulfill his initial promise of providing all designs and api's. Due to which my project suffered a lot and milestones got delayed (I've proofs of chat with him regarding that).

He also shared his phone number in project post and asked me to do project offline, but I kept on saying that project will be assigned thru upwork only.

My questions:
1. Client is saying he'll remove his feedback, and agreed that was lie just written out of anger. But he said he can't find option to remove this feedback anywhere.
2. My client shared contact details in his job post still he was able to assign project but according to norms shouldn't his job be removed if break the terms.
3. I researched on upwork support that refund will remove his review, so In case he is not able to remove the review by his side, I've to refund the amount to him. Will it have any impact on my profile.
4. After he left a 1 star review, upon clicking it, it still shows overall rating as 5. How so ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

1) The client can only change his feedback if you enable them to do so.

2) Did you report it? As the contract was done on Upwork, it doesn't really matter.

3) The client can't remove their feedback, just change it if they want to. They can only change the public feedback, not the private feedback which is what affects your metrics. If you refund the contract in full, the contract will vanish from your profile, but the private feedback will continue to affect your metrics.

4) It shows the real feedback of 1 Star and the 5 star interim feedback which is meaningless.

It is also inaccurate to state that the client broke any laws. They may have broken Upwork rules by having a phone number in their job post, but there is no "law" about that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

1) The client can only change his feedback if you enable them to do so.

2) Did you report it? As the contract was done on Upwork, it doesn't really matter.

3) The client can't remove their feedback, just change it if they want to. They can only change the public feedback, not the private feedback which is what affects your metrics. If you refund the contract in full, the contract will vanish from your profile, but the private feedback will continue to affect your metrics.

4) It shows the real feedback of 1 Star and the 5 star interim feedback which is meaningless.

It is also inaccurate to state that the client broke any laws. They may have broken Upwork rules by having a phone number in their job post, but there is no "law" about that.

I've refunded the whole amount but still I can see project and its review under my profile.

Rishabh S wrote:

I've refunded the whole amount but still I can see project and its review under my profile.

It takes a couple of days to vanish. Remember that the private feedback will continue to affect your metrics even when the visible sign of the contract is gone.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths