🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client left the contract open after saying he...
Page options
ahmedatta34
Community Member

Client left the contract open after saying he no longer needs the work

Hi

I have a client who requested a job on 3 parts with an hourly contract, I have completed 2 parts but he suddenly sent me a message that he no longer needs the job, I sent him messages to clarify if I should continue or stop but he doesn't respond, I asked him to end the contract if he no longer needs the job but still no response for 2 weeks.

I don't want it to affect my score

what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmed,

You can also close the contract from your end at any time. Once you have closed a contract your client will receive a reminder to provide feedback for you.
Rest assured, contracts with no feedback will no longer impact your Job Success Score. To learn more about this check out our announcement post Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmed,

You can also close the contract from your end at any time. Once you have closed a contract your client will receive a reminder to provide feedback for you.
Rest assured, contracts with no feedback will no longer impact your Job Success Score. To learn more about this check out our announcement post Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

so shouldn't I complete the 3rd part of the job? I don't want to charge him if he doesn't want the job anymore.

and i want to mark the job as completed successfully

Ahmed A wrote:

so shouldn't I complete the 3rd part of the job? I don't want to charge him if he doesn't want the job anymore.

and i want to mark the job as completed successfully

If the client told you that they no longer need the job, then yes, it seems pretty clear to me that you should stop working on it.

You can mark the job as being completed successfully, but it won't have any impact on your JSS score (positive or negative) unless the client leaves you a review. 

ok thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members