Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client left the room

Highlighted
Parul B Member Since: May 7, 2016
1 of 7

Hi All,

I have accept the interview for the job and on the next day, what I saw is "client left the room". I dont know why this notification is coming? or what happened with that, Let me know anyone has got this type of issue, or just me?

Thank you.

Regards,

Parul Bhadeshiya 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Parul,

It looks like you were invited to the interview by Upwork Project Success Manager. She is helping the client to find candidates for the job, but once invited you need to communicate with the client directly. You can use that same interview room to do it. The client will receive your messages.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 7

@ Valeria,  perhaps it would make sense to have all Upwork Project Success Managers end an interview with explicit instructions for the provider to next speak w/ the buyer; that the conversation will take place in the 'same room' and suggest the provider send a short note asking for potential client availabilities.

If the Upwork Project Success Manager deems the fit incorrect he/she should tell the provider that.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Wendy,

The information and instruction Valeria mentioned are already included in the Project Success Managers' invite message.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Rekha S Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
5 of 7
I've had random strangers enter work rooms of working jobs. I am not sure if my clients (in both cases) were aware of it.

In the first case, it was a support personnel from Philippines who entered my WR of a writing project where I had directly applied and was awarded the job. She was there for a whole 5 minutes.

In the second case where the client works with multiple writers, one of them was in my private workroom for 2-3 minutes. Only the client and I had access to this WR and she hasn't added any another person to it.

I am not sure how these people are allowed to view my private conversations with clients.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Rekha,

I think I located the message rooms related to the cases you mentioned. I see that in one of them a client has a team of users in charge of inviting and interviewing freelancers for their jobs. Another case was related to a new client who was assisted by our Project Success Manager.

If you'd like us to check any other case please submit a Support request and share a message room link.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Rekha S Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
7 of 7

Hi Vladimir,

Nice to see you here on Upwork.

There is this case of another writer accessing my private messages -- it isn't a collaborative project where we had access to each other's rooms, as we were working on separate topics. I will send the chat screenshot to support as you've suggested.

Maybe it was a bug that gave her temporary access to my WR.

Best,

Rekha

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS