🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client lied on feedback - I need help
Page options
x4vier9
Community Member

Client lied on feedback - I need help

Hello, my name is Xavier . I've working for various years here in Upwork. I've never have had a bad relationship with clients. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago this changed when I accepted a job . In the interview I let the client know that I had my own business and could only dedicate 6 hours a day, anyway he made me a proposal with the condition that it would be long-term.

I accepted (my mistake) after 4 days I realized that this was not going to work. The role required full time and full dedication. On the 4th day I explained the situation, I sincerly apologized and made a refund of 70% of billing.

A couple of days ago the customer's feedback was made public. He accuses me of having downloaded his entire database of vendors and customers, of being a dishonest person and he recommends to everyone stay away from me. 

His accusation is totally false and absurd, I never downloaded anything at all! I never had access to any database and it is something that I would never do.

This comment is devastating to me. I can't sleep. I have asked him twice to kindly remove that comment because it is a lie (I'm sure he lnows it) but I have not been successful.

I am aware of my mistake but I do not agree with his behavior. His accusation is disproportionate and malicious.

Please, there is something that I can do to prevent this person from damaging my reputation?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Xavier P wrote:

Please, there is something that I can do to prevent this person from damaging my reputation?

Unless you have used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts, use your feedback removal perk. You're top rated, so you are eligible to use it once every 3 months and 10 contracts.

That way the whole contract is excluded from the JSS calculation and the stars and comment (if you want) removed and replaced with "This feedback has been removed".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Xavier P wrote:

Unless you have used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts, use your feedback removal perk. You're top rated, so you are eligible to use it once every 3 months and 10 contracts.

That way the whole contract is excluded from the JSS calculation and the stars and comment (if you want) removed and replaced with "This feedback has been removed".

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please, there is something that I can do to prevent this person from damaging my reputation?"

Freelancers are able to leave a response to a client's feedback.

Forum regulars typically advise freelancers to NOT DO THIS. Because usually they make things worse.

BUT: If you discuss your ideas for feedback with us here in the Forum, we can typically help you come up with an effective response, or decide to not leave any response. I would definitely warn you against simply writing something without running it by other people.

Also, further answering your question about what you can do... You can finish a few more jobs and then this particular will be pushed down on your job history... Before too long it doesn't appear by default, until a potential client clicks a button to show more... Eventually it is so far down your list that hardly anybody will ever see it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths