🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client lost access to his email. Now locked o...
Page options
anshulc95
Community Member

Client lost access to his email. Now locked out of UpWork.

My client**Edited for community guidelines**is locked out of his UpWork account because he has lost access to the email he signed up with.

The email he used was some sort of temporary email, or from salesforce. And he lost access to that salesforce account.

This is the contract between him and me: https://www.upwork.com/ab/f/contracts/24118875

Is there any way we can help him get access to his UpWork account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Anshul,

I'm sorry for the delay. I followed up with my team and one of our agents already reached out to you via this support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anshul:
You can't help a client or anybody else regain access to their Upwork account. (Upwork won't talk to you about somebody ELSE'S account.)

You can, however, offer them some tips about how THEY can regain access.

You can suggest that they come to the Forum, where people will give them all the help that they need:

https://community.upwork.com

JoanneP

Hi Anshul,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

No one from UpWork has contacted me regarding this. I recently received an email saying that my contract has been idle for 75 days and the amount in escrow will get refunded if nothing is done.

The client is in touch with me through Discord. He has sent me his email address connected to his UpWork account. And he has also sent his currently working email address.

I don't want to post his contact details in public, please contact me.

I only have 14 days before the amount gets refunded.

Anshul:

Why didn't you click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button?

The client's credit card was charged when he funded escrow. The client does not need to log into his Upwork account in order for you to get your money.

Had you clicked that button earlier, you would have already received your payment, and there would be no risk of the money being returned to the client.

Hi Preston,

I could have done what you said.
I thought it would be unethical to get money out of my client's account without him reviewing it.

Also my client cannot leave a review on my profile if he is locked out and in that case UpWork will reduce my JSS.

Regards,
Anshul

re: "I thought it would be unethical to get money out of my client's account without him reviewing it."

It is not unethical.

This is how Upwork is intended to be used:

Freelancer finishes task, and submits it using the official button.

re: "Also my client cannot leave a review on my profile if he is locked out and in that case UpWork will reduce my JSS."

This will not reduce your JSS.

When JSS was first introduced, we talked about that possibility. And I think a few no-review jobs really did have a negative impact on JSS back then. But either we understood it incorrectly, or the formula was changed... and now we know that one no-review job won't have negative impact on JSS. As far as we know now, it takes very large number of no-review jobs to diminish JSS in any way.

So there is no reason to not submit your work using the official "Submit Work and Request Payment" button as soon as the work is finished.

If you have any concern at all about a client being locked out, then you can simply send him the files directly, and he can review them without needing to log into Upwork.

Ultimately, if a client can't log in to his Upwork account, that is an issue for him to work out. If you did the work, you should submit and be paid for it. Absolutely does not matter if the client can not log into his account.

Hi Anshul,

I'm sorry for the delay. I followed up with my team and one of our agents already reached out to you via this support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths