🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client made a refund by mistake
Page options
salmasameh
Community Member

Client made a refund by mistake

Hello, I hade a client which is new on upwork.
After finishing the job with his 100% satisfaction and he told me that I did a great job.
By mistake, he requested a refund, And after that, he ends the contract with 5 stars and a great review.
I asked him why he did the refund, He told me that was a mistake and he can't find where to cancel this request.
May you tell me how he cancels his request?

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salma, 

Unfortunately, there's no option to cancel a refund request once it has been initiated. You as a freelancer can respond to it and decline by selecting the second option (I do not approve this request and want to file a dispute). This will then be sent to our Dispute Team. Your client will have the option to ask the team to cancel the refund request and close the dispute.

~ Avery
Upwork

I got hired for a job. The client approved my milestone after sending my delivery. After two days later, she requested refund request as she thought the job is not successfully completed. But, when I made her clear that the delivery was right and she is facing problem to run the project from her computer. Thus, she got her mistake and now want to cancel the refund request. In this situation, what can she or I do so that i got the payment or refund is cancelled and we can solve our problem?
Please, experienced person share your ideas. I will be grateful to you!
I see the attachment like below where I don't find any option to decline.
Thanks!

Hi Shubha,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the contract or the client's name? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not getting the decline option. I want to decline because client sent me refund request by mistake and now want to pay me. What can she or I do now. Please see the attached file.

Shubha Jyati A wrote:
I am not getting the decline option..

You can simply ignore the refund request.

It is not a dispute and won't do anything. There is nothing you or your client need to do. Nothing will happen if you ignore it.

Thanks for replying me. Would my client need to do something? She is
actually new in upwork & perhaps didn’t know how to do it. If I ignore
it, will i get my payment or my payment will be transferred her account?
I am a bit confused about it. Note: she already approved the milestone 2
days ago.
Thanks you a lot again.

Shubha Jyati A wrote:
Thanks for replying me. Would my client need to do something? .

No, nobody needs to do anything at all.

Shubha Jyati A wrote:
 If I ignore it, will i get my payment or my payment will be transferred her account?

You will get your payment as usual after the 5 day security period. Do NOT mix this up with a request to return escrow funds, where you have to either approve or reject the request.

This is a completely different thing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members