🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client made a request without instruction...
Page options
musyokapatrick
Community Member

Client made a request without instructions

Hello, so I submitted work to client for a fixed project milestone on August 9, 2021 and equested payment to that effect. The client went MIA and came back on August 19, 2021 and he said the work is okay but needed more time to have it checked by his google optimizer. The following day he requested for changes on the milestone without any instructions so that I don't get paid. He still insisted he's double-checking with the optimizer. So the milestone has sice reverted to "work in progress" and no instructions whatsoever to make any changes to the work I did. 

So my question is, is what the client doing fair to me?

Can the support team chip in and get me paid?

I don't mind losing this kind of a client. 

And I don't want him to leave negative feedback on my profile yet I delivered the milestone. 

I'll appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Patrick.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Patrick,

I would recommend to communicate further with your client about your milestone or any changes you may need to make. Or, you can resubmit your work if you're ready.. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I appreciate your response. But the client is likely to request for changes again without instrustions and it will become a cat and mouse game. I'm just wondering if there's another way out of it without losing the payment.

I agree that the client is probably playing games. Even if he is not intentionally playing games, he is not using the fixed-price contract model as intended.

You may need to do this:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members