🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client miss representing job details
Page options
sontu01
Community Member

Client miss representing job details

Hello

I applied for a job last day. Today I get response from client. But after seeing 1st message, I become surprised. 1/5th of price offering in message. I am attaching screenshots here. Please put your comments here. I already flagged this job. But all of you guys tell me one thing... Is this correct thing?

Regards

Samir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
apheiner
Community Member

Samir, you are certain the 20 bucks is for the complete project? He writes: "requirements 20$", which suggests it's the first milestone. I doubt he's interested only in the requirements.

My suggestion, agree on all the milestones with dollar amount first

sajal36
Community Member

Some client do put across the rate on job post to get the proposal. However, once they find suitable freelancer they try to get the job done for less either by keeping the same scope or reducing the scope. I had a client whose job post was $1000 and then he modifed the job post to $100 after proposal submission.

One of the client had put across very high rate for the job but when messaged and disucssed it appear it was put across randomly. However client do had the geneuine requirement.

I believe the prime reason for such scenario is due to wide range of rate range available on the platform. I believe upwork have minimum $3 hourly rate and $ 5 for fixed price. However you cannot also rule out the scam too so one have to be very careful both client and freelancer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members