Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Client needs help - Support MIA (As usual)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
1 of 11

I have a client who is growing more frustrated by the day and support is all but NON EXISTANT. She has contacted them and gotten NO response.

So she contacted me and ask me if I know who to contact to make the SPAM job submissions STOP.

 

She hired me for the work and she is STILL getting proposals sent ... she is starting to get angry about it...guess who will LOSE in the end because Upworks is SO screwed up...ME!!!

 

She has already told me that once our project is done she is closing out to never return because she is being harrased (her words) by other providers.

Is there anyone I can send her to to help this stop? She is a good client and should not have to put up with this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

Your client won't getting proposal if she closed the job post once hired the choosen freelancer ( you ) . 

 

If it's a open job freelancers will apply to the job post, no wonder . 

 

Ask your client to close the job post as she already hired and it won't affect the contract you have already been hired for. 

 

( sorry for my bad English ) 

 

Hope this helps . 

 

 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 11

So your client failed to close the job posting when she hired you by clicking on "close this job posting if the freelancer accepts this offer," or by going to her job postings and clicking on the job posting and then closing it, but it's somehow Upwork's crime?

 

if she has an open job posting of course she is getting applications, that is the point of job postings.

 

she needs to log into her client account, click on the my jobs tab,nthen on the job posting, then use the close job posting link.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 11

LOL Post job. Call it harassment when you get proposals. You just can't make up these lulz. Keep them coming, everyone.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
5 of 11
Uh, why are you asking for her? It's not your job to do that...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 11

I am not a client on Upwork so apart from Petra's advice, is there a way of blocking proposals,  in the same way freelancers can block spam invites?

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
7 of 11

Jaime...you are absolutely correct it is not my job...BUT when the client cannnot get anyone in support to expalin how the convoluted upworks back end works, I got contacted to ask if I knew how to make it stop. She is new to upworks....was an Elance client in the past....this should NOT be MY problem, but it is!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

@Tracye G wrote:

Jaime...you are absolutely correct it is not my job...BUT when the client cannnot get anyone in support to expalin how the convoluted upworks back end works, I got contacted to ask if I knew how to make it stop. She is new to upworks....was an Elance client in the past....this should NOT be MY problem, but it is!


Closing a job posting seriously is not rocket science.  Just close the the job posting and voila, no more applications.

 

Quite disgusting actually to post a job and then screech "SPAM" when freelancers waste their connects just because a client can't be bothered to click on "close job" ...

 

Unbelievable. You couldn't make it up!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
9 of 11

@Petra R wrote:

@Tracye G wrote:

Jaime...you are absolutely correct it is not my job...BUT when the client cannnot get anyone in support to expalin how the convoluted upworks back end works, I got contacted to ask if I knew how to make it stop. She is new to upworks....was an Elance client in the past....this should NOT be MY problem, but it is!


Closing a job posting seriously is not rocket science.  Just close the the job posting and voila, no more applications.

 

Quite disgusting actually to post a job and then screech "SPAM" when freelancers waste their connects just because a client can't be bothered to click on "close job" ...

 

Unbelievable. You couldn't make it up!


 

 

It is more unbelieveable that support didn't answer her with a reply and tell her how to close the job. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 11

@Suzanne N wrote:


 

 

It is more unbelieveable that support didn't answer her with a reply and tell her how to close the job. 


 True, if that is the case.

 

However, a client who can't find the pretty obvious way to close a job posting (It REALLY takes a special brand of "challenged" not to figure it out) probably won't find any response to a ticket....

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS