🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client never paid me
Page options
samhasgr8
Community Member

Client never paid me

Hi! I did a job for a client a few months back; the amount in escrow expired because I wanted to finish the job first before claiming payment (I know, I'm a fool. I didn't know how escrow worked.)

My client told me that he would paypal me.

I completed the job. He was not satisfied, but he said he would still pay me.

It's been months and I haven't been paid, and I'm probably going to be homeless in July because I don't have enough money for rent. I didn't pursue this earlier because I don't believe in snitching but I'm really in a difficult position.

I'm not sure how to move foreward with this. I would appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

Accepting payment outside of this site can get your account suspended. So, if you look at it that way, it's a good thing that didn't happen. ALL payment MUST go though and occur on this site. 

You can ask the client to pay you via a bonus on the contract but since it's been months since you've heard from him, I highly doubt that will happen. So, it looks like you are not going to get paid for that job. I'm sorry that happened. but in the future, instead of having just one milestone especially for a job that lasts month, set up several milestone.That way when you complete the requirements of the milestone, the funds could be released to you and the client can fund the next milestone. That way, you'll receive steady payment throughout the job. Hopefully you can get some small, quick jobs that might help you financially. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I did a job for a client a few months back..."

I have a phrase I use to describe somebody who owes me money for work I did a few months ago:

"Somebody who doesn't owe me money."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members