🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client new to Upwork messed up job descriptio...
Page options
logline
Community Member

Client new to Upwork messed up job description

My client, new to Upwork, input that I was to perform 5 hours of work in the week. This was an innocent error on her part. The messaging agreement between us was that I perform one hour of work, which I have submitted to her. The completed 1-hour of work (as agreed) remains unpaid and looks as though I didn't complete the job. How do we rectify this please?

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Margaret M wrote:

My client, new to Upwork, input that I was to perform 5 hours of work in the week. This was an innocent error on her part. The messaging agreement between us was that I perform one hour of work, which I have submitted to her. The completed 1-hour of work (as agreed) remains unpaid and looks as though I didn't complete the job. How do we rectify this please?

If this is an hourly project, you won't get paid for like 2 weeks. First, the billing cycle for this week closes on Sunday. Then the client has until Friday to review and dispute hours. Then you get paid (after the 5 day security hold, I believe). 

If it's escrow you have to hit submit work, and then she can approve or after 14 days it will automatically release the milestone, and then the funds are available 5 days later. 

logline
Community Member

Thanks for your fast response Amanda. Best wishes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths