Client not Responding

Hi

I want to ask about that currently m I am working with the client , the job is easy so I have completed in a day, He also asked for a little for which I changed it accordingly. Now the thing is that in case when client is online he do not respnds to the message. He didnot even rejected and approved it, he just said "Thank you I will check" but still no responds. So what can I do in this case? If he do not responds in the future also? I think the funded payment will be release to me after 14 days.....Then how to close the contract in this case? I know it is very common here as many people face these issues regarding...So I want a little guidance.

Regards

Natasha

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stencil_media

There's not much you can do if they're not getting back to you, and you don't want to keep pestering them with requests to release payment, close the project, leave feedback etc. Wait the 14 days to get your payment and then it might be worth one last message to see if they'd be kind enough to close the project and leave feedback. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
stencil_media

There's not much you can do if they're not getting back to you, and you don't want to keep pestering them with requests to release payment, close the project, leave feedback etc. Wait the 14 days to get your payment and then it might be worth one last message to see if they'd be kind enough to close the project and leave feedback. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

I have that issue a lot with clients currently - acc. to my profile I have 5 jobs in progress when in fact they ahve all been completed and paid, but client never closed the contract or left feedback.It's starting to hurt my rating and I'm getting quite annoyd. Cat Mad

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "

Hi Jutta,

Please ask your client to close the completed contracts and if they fail to respond, close them yourself in sequence, making sure you complete other contracts in between.

Untitled

I want to wait for one more day lets see what he says because he didnt rejected and approved the work when he was online

@Natasha N wrote:

I want to wait for one more day lets see what he says because he didnt rejected and approved the work when he was online

The client has 14 days (!) to review the work, after which you get paid automatically unless the client requests changes. Do NOT close the contract before, or you will NOT get paid.

Yes 

we have to be very careful with that because it may hurt the JSS if we our close the contract..

hi Vladimir,

I've done that with a few and subsequently my JSS dropped. So I'd rather not.

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "

@Jutta B wrote:

hi Vladimir,

I've done that with a few and subsequently my JSS dropped. So I'd rather not.

"No feedback" contracts don't affect you, unless you have have a significant percentage of them.

Yours are nearly half of your ended contracts, that's pretty "significant!"

Hi Jutta,

Please note that a pattern of contracts without feedback can negatively affect the Job Success Score, and so will keeping inactive contracts open for a prolonged period of time. That's why I advised to complete other contracts and make sure you receive feedback while you're closing your inactive contracts in stages, to ensure you minimize the chances of having a no-feedback pattern among your completed contracts.

Untitled

Hi

Yes same happened with me it dropped down to 88% which is hurting in a way. But  ups and downs happens and its a part of it wed do our 101% to satsify with each and everything...:(