🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client not able to change feedback nor th...
Page options
abhi_shekjain
Community Member

Client not able to change feedback nor the option for change feedback is coming to me

I haven't received feedback on one of the contract which closed long time ago. I requested my client to add feedback but he is not able to edit it. I also could not see the option to Enable client to change feedback. 
My contract currently is having no feedback and is affecting my rating. 

Please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Abhishek J wrote:

No, it is not affecting your rating at all. Forget about it and leave the client in peace.

The reason why you see the option for some old contracts is because Upwork was forced to put a time limit on it because of unprofessional freelancers asking clients to give feedback for contracts that closed months ago.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

It's in May 2019. There is a 2 week time limit. The time limit is probably there so freelancers don't harass clients over work that was done 8 months previously.

Hi Jennifer, 

I understand. But I see in other contracts that are dated 2 years back - I see the option for "Clients to change feedback". 

In the above no feeback was given. 

FYI: He was still able to add feedback for job in October. (But I had to allow to change feedback). 

I am not sure how the contract in May 2019 is different. He hasn't even given feeback. 

petra_r
Community Member

Abhishek J wrote:

No, it is not affecting your rating at all. Forget about it and leave the client in peace.

The reason why you see the option for some old contracts is because Upwork was forced to put a time limit on it because of unprofessional freelancers asking clients to give feedback for contracts that closed months ago.

Yes, I am not bugging him. He is my long term client.

This is a bug, right? or policy is unclear.

Abhishek J wrote:

Yes, I am not bugging him. He is my long term client.

The contract is **NOT** affecting your JSS so simply stop worrying about it.

Abhishek J wrote:

This is a bug, right? or policy is unclear.

It is not a bug, it is by design. A year or so ago Upwork limited the length of time where feedback could be changed. That means the option may well still be there on really old contracts, but not on "older" ones that closed after the change.

But as that contract isn't affecting you, you can simply forget about it.

Got it. Thanks 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths