Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not answering

kicsee
Ace Contributor
Adam K Member Since: Jan 17, 2018
1 of 11

Hi,

I'm kind of new to UpWork, working here since January 2018. Currently working on various projects and all of them working smoothly.

I have a contract since February (my first project here) and I agreed with the client that I will provide him a weekly update every Sunday about a project. This is what I do every week on Sunday, but he is not answering my messages since April. Our last conversation was that he apologized for the late answers and long absence and he is waiting for the updates.

Maybe only I feel like a 4-5 month is too much for not answering for any message on UpWork? I have also reached out to him on Linkedin where I didn't get a message either. I know he is CEO and busy, I'm just wondering. Smiley Happy

All in all I don't want to end the contract because I like to project, i just would like to get a confirmation from UpWork that if the client come back to me like he forgot the project and he ends the contract and give me a 1star and a negative feedback that would affect my stats negatively.

I'm 100% Top Rated freelancer and I would like to avoid any possibilities which could affect my stats negatively.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Adam

m1_astrologer
Mohamed Hassan O Member Since: Apr 8, 2017
2 of 11

Hi Adam,

you can close the contract from your side and add the feedback to your client 

no issues at all for top rated and your scoor

please check this link for referance

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated?flash_digest=ffca901ec081bb1...

Good luck

Mohamed Omar

kicsee
Ace Contributor
3 of 11

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your help!

I don't want to close it as this job is great i just do not get any answer. So you suggest me to still close the contract because the client is not responsive?

Thanks,

Adam

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 11

@Adam K wrote:

I don't want to close it as this job is great i just do not get any answer. So you suggest me to still close the contract because the client is not responsive?

No. If you have a job to do and are doing it as discussed with the client just keep doing so, including the agreed weekly reports.

In the unlikely case that the client freaks out at some point in the future you can use your top rated perk if needed

kicsee
Ace Contributor
5 of 11

Ok! Thank you!

Regards,

Adam

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 11

are you getting regular payments for this project? 

kicsee
Ace Contributor
7 of 11

Hi Martina,

i'm working 7hours/week and we agreed on an hourly rate.

Regards,

Adam

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

@Adam K wrote:

i'm working 7hours/week and we agreed on an hourly rate.

Use the tracker properly, with adequate activity, meaningful work memos etc so you are safe from possible disputes.

kicsee
Ace Contributor
9 of 11

For this client i never used it, but i will try to. (It's an offline searching project where most of the time im working on my phone)

Thanks,

Adam

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
10 of 11

@Adam K wrote:

For this client i never used it, but i will try to. (It's an offline searching project where most of the time im working on my phone)

I take it that means you're using "manual" time. I was under the impression that, once the weekly review period is over and the client hasn't disputed the hours, manual hours for the last week will be safe. So it's only your last 7 hours or so that are at risk. But now I'm wondering if that's right. Could someone in the know please comment?

This has just become relevant to me, as I've just started a job where I'm billing all my time manually. I trust the client, but still, it would be nice to know exactly where I stand.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS