🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not approving milestones
Page options
ashur-parham
Community Member

Client not approving milestones

Hi,

Thank you in advance for your help on this matter.

I was working on a 4-week project with 3 milestones (2,1,1 weeks). After submitting the first milestone, the client did not approve the work until it got automatically accepted by upwork. As the client did not approve the second milestone afterwards, we had passed the initially planned deadlines. I requested a change in deadlines and the client accepted. Still, we got close to the new deadlines. As time is part of any contract, I wonder if a client keeps postponing the milestones, is it enough to end the contract as the new time frame is not be suitable for my schedule anymore?

I am on a dispute with this client. When I told him that this would be the last time I agree to shift the deadlines, the client got angry and after some unpleasant statements ended the contract. The client is disputing the work I submitted and not that I did not want to shift the deadlines for a third time. I am 100% certain about the work and support I provided. In a normal contract. I am sure about the role of time. But, I want to be sure it works the same for a freelance contract.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Parham

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Parham,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and one of our team members already reached out to you via support ticket to assist you with your Dispute process. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you for the quick response Nicolas. I could not find any answer in the community discussions on the matter, and I find the issue also probable for other freelancers. Knowing what are the excat rights may help both clients and freelancers to prevent future disputes.That's why having an answer here for all other freelancers can be fruitful.

Thanks again,

Parham

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members