🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not approving the payment
Page options
amit_siwach
Community Member

Client not approving the payment

Hi Team,

One of my client is not approving the payment for 2nd milestone, although I have delivered what he wanted from me before starting of contract. But now, he is asking for some more task to be done in lieu of approving the payment. 

What should I do? 

Regards,

Amit Kumar

2 REPLIES 2
wescowley
Community Member

Amit K wrote:

One of my client is not approving the payment for 2nd milestone, although I have delivered what he wanted from me before starting of contract. But now, he is asking for some more task to be done in lieu of approving the payment. 

If you've given him what was agreed on for that milestone, you can say that you're happy to work on his new request as soon as he approves that previous milestone and opens a new one. You can even offer to create the new milestone for him to approve, fund, and activate.

And, if you haven't done so, click the submit work button on that completed milestone. If you've already clicked it, don't click it again.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Amit:

Remeber that this client needs you more than you need him.

It is not acceptable for him to not release payment when you have done the work. It is not acceptable for him to ask you to do anything else outside of what was written in the original agreement.

If you go to a restaurant, you can not order the chicken dish, which is listed on the money for $5.99, and then receive the chicken dish, and then not pay.

You received the chicken dish. You need to pay. This is not a complicated concept.

If you order the chicken dish and then don't pay, of course you can't just start ordering other stuff. "Also, bring me the apple pie. Also, go outside and wash my car. Also, give me a haircut. And I'm not going to pay anything more for these things."

See how ridiculous such a client is?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths