🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client not ending contract
Page options
sibghatg
Community Member

Client not ending contract

Hi everyone,

I worked on a fixed price contract and delivered work. The client paid the agreed amount and I requested to end the contract but he did not. Then I ended the contract and gave feedback. Still no action from the client. Now, what will happen? Will the project continue to appear as "in progress" or it will be marked completed at some point in time? Please share your feedback.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sibghatullah A wrote:

Will the project continue to appear as "in progress" or it will be marked completed at some point in time?

It will appear as ended eventually. This process is lagging behind somewhat, but it doesn't matter. The contract is closed. Ideally you want the client to close the contract so you get feedback, though. There is no rush to close contracts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Sibghatullah A wrote:

Will the project continue to appear as "in progress" or it will be marked completed at some point in time?

It will appear as ended eventually. This process is lagging behind somewhat, but it doesn't matter. The contract is closed. Ideally you want the client to close the contract so you get feedback, though. There is no rush to close contracts.

sibghatg
Community Member

Thank you very much for confirmation that it will end eventually!

It would be great if clients could get some kind of reminder or notification on how to end the project and leave feedback after releasing the last milestone. Lots of clients don't bother to read FAQ, and they have no idea that the project can be ended, they just releasing the payment and went out. I currently have 13 opened projects because of that (there were more but I had to close some of them).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths