Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not giving payment

roshankarki
Ace Contributor
Roshan K Member Since: Mar 6, 2016
1 of 4

One of my client is not paying me. It's been 12 days and she's still not replying my message nor paying me. The contract was of $5 only. Then he gave me some extra work and told me that he will give additional $3 for the extra work. He also told me that he will give me $3 additional for total. But these $3-$3 is not in the contract. What should I do? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Roshan:

You shouldn't do anything.

If you don't have a contract, what is Upwork supposed to do? Upwork has protections in place to ensure that contracts are adhered to.

If you worked for a client without a contract to back up that work, then it is not an Upwork matter. Upwork doesn't have any way of enforcing your verbal agreements which have no contract in place to back them up.

If you don't want to work for this client any more, then don't. Why do you even want to talk to somebody who tries to weasel out of paying you $6.00?

Don't do anything else. You already asked for the $6.00. Don't contact the client again. Just move on. Don't even close the contract. If the client contacts you about anything else, tell her that you'll be happy to answer her question or help with with the new work she needs from you, after she pays you the $6.00 she owes you using an Upwork bonus payment.

View solution in original post

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Roshan, 

I can see that the client has already approved your last milestone, and has already closed the contract. Please leave appropriate feedback for your client before the 14-day feedback period ends.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Was it the contract

Copy and paste some emails ?

If so, the client paid you $ 11 - which is $ 5 plus $ 3 plus $ 3.....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS