cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not paying and responding

S. M. Imran J Member Since: Apr 21, 2014
1 of 13
Hello Everyone, I was hired by two clients from USA (Atlanta)and Philippines. Both were fixed contract. I have delivered the articles in time. Now they are not paying and not even responding to my email and oDesk msgs. I know oDesk will not extend any help on this since those were fixed contacts. Why clients should do like that! Help me guys, what to do. Those were my first two assignments in oDesk. Regards, Imran.
Elaine G Member Since: Apr 20, 2014
2 of 13
Sorry it happened, thats the risk of fixed-rate contracts. What I did was ask Odesk support to assist in sending a reminder email to the client, Odesk support was every helpful with swift response. Before I agreed to Odesk's suggestion, thankfully the client (with good previous reviews) had mistook my payment with another freelancer thus resolved beforehand. Hope you'll be paid soon else, move on with hourly despite how difficult it is competing with others.
3 of 13
Thank you. It seems so difficult to secure a job. Most of the clients look for 'reviews' which I yet to have one! And its even more frustrating when things happen like this. Regards
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
4 of 13
You have no open contracts on your profile, so it is most likely that you were not hired, and you will not be getting payment, since there is no way to pay you without an active contract. Are you confusing an interview with an actual hire? did the clients ask you for samples or award you the project?
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 13
If no payment was made yet, it wouldn't show up on the profile even if there was a contract, right?
Community Guru
6 of 13
Active jobs, even those where no payment have been made, show up as jobs in progress on user profiles. If he was hired, did the work, and then the contracts were closed without payment, then they would not show up. For example, if you look on my profile, there are 2 projects I was hired for almost 3 weeks ago, but have yet to get paid (since the work hasnt started yet). It shows as a job in progress, with $0.00 paid for the fixed price, and $0.00/0 hours billed for the one that is hourly.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 13
I can't see your profile, but it has never worked that way for me. A job has never appeared on my profile until I received some money for it. I have a contract that just started this week. It is an hourly contract, billed manually. I haven't billed any time yet and it doesn't show on my profile. The contract is definitely active. It has been this way for me for hourly contracts and for fixed price where I accepted milestone payments rather than an upfront.
Community Guru
8 of 13
[quote=Marcia Malory]I can't see your profile[/quote] I'm a ninja Smiley Tongue well, this brings to mind that meme from the History channel, instead of "aliens" we can just put in "oDesk". I really dont know what to say about the site anymore, it seems like nothing is constant anymore :/.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
9 of 13
Ninjas are a dying breed - they can't find each other in the dark.
10 of 13
You are right. It doesn't shows up in the profile, coz the jobs are still active. May be it is good technique to keep the job active and 'not pay'. LOL.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS